4dtv sales

If programming is dropping off etc. why is there so few receivers for sale
on EBAY. I was expecting to pay around $ 250.for a 920. The last one was 5
years old and not used for the last 3 years. My friend said the battery
could be low, being out of the receiver for that length of time. Is this a
possibility? and if you have to replace a battery are we looking at big
bucks? Any thoughts....
3 answers Last reply
More about 4dtv sales
  1. Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.4dtv (More info?)

    On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 01:29:17 GMT, "wolf2" <wilfj@hotmail.com> wrote:

    >If programming is dropping off etc. why is there so few receivers for sale
    >on EBAY. I was expecting to pay around $ 250.for a 920. The last one was 5
    >years old and not used for the last 3 years. My friend said the battery
    >could be low, being out of the receiver for that length of time. Is this a
    >possibility? and if you have to replace a battery are we looking at big
    >bucks? Any thoughts....

    The battery itslef can be replaced rather reasonably. It is when the
    data it keeps gets lost whent it begins to cost.
  2. Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.4dtv (More info?)

    On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 01:29:17 GMT, "wolf2" <wilfj@hotmail.com> wrote:

    >If programming is dropping off etc. why is there so few receivers for sale
    >on EBAY. I was expecting to pay around $ 250.for a 920. The last one was 5
    >years old and not used for the last 3 years. My friend said the battery
    >could be low, being out of the receiver for that length of time. Is this a
    >possibility? and if you have to replace a battery are we looking at big
    >bucks? Any thoughts....

    Make sure the unit ID matches the numbers on the back and the battery
    is still good. If they are different it is worth about $15.
    Changing the battery is easy, but you must never disconnect it or your
    4DTV will be worth $15.
  3. Quote:

    On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 01:29:17 GMT, "wolf2" <wilfj@hotmail.com> wrote:

    >If programming is dropping off etc. why is there so few receivers for sale
    >on EBAY. I was expecting to pay around $ 250.for a 920. The last one was 5
    >years old and not used for the last 3 years. My friend said the battery
    >could be low, being out of the receiver for that length of time. Is this a
    >possibility? and if you have to replace a battery are we looking at big
    >bucks? Any thoughts....

    Make sure the unit ID matches the numbers on the back and the battery
    is still good. If they are different it is worth about $15.
    Changing the battery is easy, but you must never disconnect it or your
    4DTV will be worth $15.

    WHAT DO YOU MEAN DISCONNECT? DISCONNECT WHAT on the 4dtv?

4DTV Satellite Programming