Why am I always ignored on forums?

MrIgnored

Reputable
Jul 24, 2014
Why am I always ignored on forums? I have noticed when I make a decent clean thread I get maybe 1 or 2 replies at the most but stupid topics with bad spelling or grammar gets PAGES worth of replies while the more decent topics get pushed quietly to the side.

Could it be the type of forum I am going to that attracts a certain age group that doesn't like people smarter than them?

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Well, considering this is your first post and it isn't being ignored, I am not sure how to respond.

Generally, clearly asked questions, that provide sufficient information to make recommendations, get the greatest amount of feedback.

The quality of the question is key to generating responses, unless the question requires a short, specific answer. In those cases, questions will not generate multiple responses if the first responder basically answers the original question.

Do you have any examples of what you are referencing for us to analyze?

Generally people will only respond to a thread if they feel like they both can and want to help. You may be asking questions in a way that either confuses people, or makes them not want to help you.