Pansat FTA receivers

godss.com claims that with the pansat FTA you can get all Dish net channels
free and clear, including PPV,sports and adult. Is this possible with just
the receiver and has anyone actually bought one to try this?

I'm a newbie to this sort of thing and am wondering what the difference of
this and pirating a DTV card for use would be?
17 answers Last reply
More about pansat fta receivers
  1. Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.mpeg-dvb (More info?)

    Mpeg-2 \DVB free to air(FTA) receivers receive just that!

    They cannot decode "scrambled" programming any more than a cable converter
    could.

    To receive encrypted programming whether it's
    nagravision(BEV,DISHNET),viaccess,irdeto,powervu and so on the receiver must
    have the necessary hardware to decode the signals.That means for powervu,it
    would have to be a scientific atlanta powervu receiver.For some of the
    others it would have to have a CAM slot with an "access card."

    Check any of the satellte retailer web sites and you'll see what I mean.

    ie: http://www.sadoun.com or www.syvision.com

    "James" <nowser@kmts.ca> wrote in message
    > godss.com claims that with the pansat FTA you can get all Dish net
    channels
    > free and clear, including PPV,sports and adult. Is this possible with just
    > the receiver and has anyone actually bought one to try this?
    >
    > I'm a newbie to this sort of thing and am wondering what the difference of
    > this and pirating a DTV card for use would be?

    ---
  2. Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.mpeg-dvb (More info?)

    On Wed, 12 May 2004 15:07:15 -0500, "James" <nowser@kmts.ca> wrote:

    >godss.com claims that with the pansat FTA you can get all Dish net channels
    >free and clear, including PPV,sports and adult. Is this possible with just
    >the receiver and has anyone actually bought one to try this?
    >
    >I'm a newbie to this sort of thing and am wondering what the difference of
    >this and pirating a DTV card for use would be?

    The receiver requires a flash to the factory firmware before this is
    possible.
  3. Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.mpeg-dvb (More info?)

    It only requires an updated flash.

    On Wed, 12 May 2004 19:09:26 -0400, "Valdivar" <rebelleader68@hotmail.com>
    wrote:

    >Mpeg-2 \DVB free to air(FTA) receivers receive just that!
    >
    >They cannot decode "scrambled" programming any more than a cable converter
    >could.
    >
    >To receive encrypted programming whether it's
    >nagravision(BEV,DISHNET),viaccess,irdeto,powervu and so on the receiver must
    >have the necessary hardware to decode the signals.That means for powervu,it
    >would have to be a scientific atlanta powervu receiver.For some of the
    >others it would have to have a CAM slot with an "access card."
    >
    >Check any of the satellte retailer web sites and you'll see what I mean.
    >
    >ie: http://www.sadoun.com or www.syvision.com
    >

    >"James" <nowser@kmts.ca> wrote in message
    >> godss.com claims that with the pansat FTA you can get all Dish net
    >channels
    >> free and clear, including PPV,sports and adult. Is this possible with just
    >> the receiver and has anyone actually bought one to try this?
    >>
    >> I'm a newbie to this sort of thing and am wondering what the difference of
    >> this and pirating a DTV card for use would be?
    >>

    >---

  4. Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.mpeg-dvb (More info?)

    NOT possible with "JUST" the receiver. Needs 3rd party software to do
    it. Will they put new in when it becomes a regular receiver again? Will
    a new one be available???
    Mike

    James wrote:

    > godss.com claims that with the pansat FTA you can get all Dish net channels
    > free and clear, including PPV,sports and adult. Is this possible with just
    > the receiver and has anyone actually bought one to try this?
    >
    > I'm a newbie to this sort of thing and am wondering what the difference of
    > this and pirating a DTV card for use would be?
  5. Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.mpeg-dvb (More info?)

    They said that when needed they would give you new remote control codes to
    type in and that when need you would get a firmware update through your PC.
    Do you think this is better then pirating and do you think it will work for
    things like NFL sunday ticket and movies?

    <"steelblu<E>"@neo.rr.com> wrote in message news:40A2D281.7F45@neo.rr.com...
    > NOT possible with "JUST" the receiver. Needs 3rd party software to do
    > it. Will they put new in when it becomes a regular receiver again? Will
    > a new one be available???
    > Mike
    >
    > James wrote:
    > >
    > > godss.com claims that with the pansat FTA you can get all Dish net
    channels
    > > free and clear, including PPV,sports and adult. Is this possible with
    just
    > > the receiver and has anyone actually bought one to try this?
    > >
    > > I'm a newbie to this sort of thing and am wondering what the difference
    of
    > > this and pirating a DTV card for use would be?
  6. Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.mpeg-dvb (More info?)

    On Wed, 12 May 2004 15:07:15 -0500, "James" <nowser@kmts.ca> wrote:

    >godss.com claims that with the pansat FTA you can get all Dish net channels
    >free and clear, including PPV,sports and adult. Is this possible with just
    >the receiver and has anyone actually bought one to try this?
    >
    >I'm a newbie to this sort of thing and am wondering what the difference of
    >this and pirating a DTV card for use would be?

    They are getting everything today, tommorow..who knows. Buy an Fortec
    ULTRA and you will be happy with or without stolen programming.
    Looks like it can be a 2500a if you want it to be as well. :)]
  7. Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.mpeg-dvb (More info?)

    I would hold off on getting anything Free to Air such as Pansat or Fortec,
    if you feel you must go with a Unit like this stay witha dealer supported
    Item. My fortec Ultra has been down 3 weeks tomorrow and the only fix
    available which came out monday is to flash my Unit to become a Pansat and
    then I need a remote too. I have tried every Universal and not one works,
    my feeling is this hole AL&bar software is Manufactures try to unload
    product and once they have unloaded there products no more fixes. The is a
    group try to reverse engineer the code and create some fixes, I personally
    don't think they could hack themselves out of a card board box yet alone
    hack this hack and create a new hack, they are also insulting and think they
    are god. I personally if you were going to go this route to get a nexus -s
    cDVB card they get all the same channels and have not went down and they are
    half the prices of these IRD's and they have a guide none of the recievers
    have a working guide. Hope this helps ya.
    > They said that when needed they would give you new remote control codes to
    > type in and that when need you would get a firmware update through your
    PC.
    > Do you think this is better then pirating and do you think it will work
    for
    > things like NFL sunday ticket and movies?
    >

    > <"steelblu<E>"@neo.rr.com> wrote in message
    > > NOT possible with "JUST" the receiver. Needs 3rd party software to do
    > > it. Will they put new in when it becomes a regular receiver again? Will
    > > a new one be available???
    > > Mike
    > >
    > > James wrote:
    > > >
    > > > godss.com claims that with the pansat FTA you can get all Dish net
    > channels
    > > > free and clear, including PPV,sports and adult. Is this possible with
    > just
    > > > the receiver and has anyone actually bought one to try this?
    > > >
    > > > I'm a newbie to this sort of thing and am wondering what the
    difference
    > of
    > > > this and pirating a DTV card for use would be?

  8. Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.mpeg-dvb (More info?)

    On Wed, 12 May 2004 22:10:54 -0500, "James" <nowser@kmts.ca> wrote:

    >Do you think this is better then pirating and do you think it will work for
    >things like NFL sunday ticket and movies?

    It's not better than pirating, it IS pirating. Anyone that believes
    otherwise is delusional.
  9. Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.mpeg-dvb (More info?)

    On Wed, 12 May 2004 15:07:15 -0500, "James" <nowser@kmts.ca> wrote:

    >godss.com claims that with the pansat FTA you can get all Dish net channels
    >free and clear, including PPV,sports and adult. Is this possible with just
    >the receiver and has anyone actually bought one to try this?

    That is a lie. They are stealing the programming.

    >I'm a newbie to this sort of thing and am wondering what the difference of
    >this and pirating a DTV card for use would be?

    Nothing in the techicality of stealing the programming, just that the
    frimware running in the receiver does the dirty deed itself, instead
    of a board you stick in the card slot of a provider's receiver.
  10. Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.mpeg-dvb (More info?)

    Guns don't kill people bullets kill!

    Gary Tait wrote:

    > On Wed, 12 May 2004 15:07:15 -0500, "James" <nowser@kmts.ca> wrote:
    >
    > >godss.com claims that with the pansat FTA you can get all Dish net channels
    > >free and clear, including PPV,sports and adult. Is this possible with just
    > >the receiver and has anyone actually bought one to try this?
    > >

    > That is a lie. They are stealing the programming.
    >
    > >I'm a newbie to this sort of thing and am wondering what the difference of
    > >this and pirating a DTV card for use would be?
    >
    > Nothing in the techicality of stealing the programming, just that the
    > frimware running in the receiver does the dirty deed itself, instead
    > of a board you stick in the card slot of a provider's receiver.
  11. Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.mpeg-dvb (More info?)

    is it pirating if you don't watch?

    "Harry" <hgk@centurytel.net> wrote in message
    > Guns don't kill people bullets kill!
    >
    > Gary Tait wrote:
    > >
    > > On Wed, 12 May 2004 15:07:15 -0500, "James" <nowser@kmts.ca> wrote:
    > >
    > > >godss.com claims that with the pansat FTA you can get all Dish net
    channels
    > > >free and clear, including PPV,sports and adult. Is this possible with
    just
    > > >the receiver and has anyone actually bought one to try this?
    > > >

    > > That is a lie. They are stealing the programming.
    > >
    > > >I'm a newbie to this sort of thing and am wondering what the difference
    of
    > > >this and pirating a DTV card for use would be?
    > >
    > > Nothing in the techicality of stealing the programming, just that the
    > > frimware running in the receiver does the dirty deed itself, instead
    > > of a board you stick in the card slot of a provider's receiver.
  12. Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.mpeg-dvb (More info?)

    FTA means Free To Air which means the channels are broadcasting FREE
    (not encrypted). FTA receivers are designed to receive these free
    channels only. They are not intended to receive pay channels. Anyone
    claiming that is misleading or cheating you.

    Pay channels (Dish Network and DirecTV) are not FTA. They require you
    to subscribe using their systems and pay a monthly fee. Tampering
    with an FTA receiver, or any other receiver for that matter, to try to
    receive (steal) pay channels without paying is not only unethical, but
    also illigal.

    If you try to tamper with an FTA receiver whether you change the
    hardware or load 3rd party software to try to steal Pay channels not
    only will void your manufacturer's warrantee, but also may damage your
    receiver. Damaged receivers will get you no channels.

    There are a lot of FTA channels to enjoy and are perfectly legal to
    receive and watch (see http://www.lyngsat.com/america.html for a
    listing). Several satellites such as Galaxy 10R, AMC3, Telstar 5,
    AMC4, and other satellites have loads of FTA channels from the USA and
    around the world.

    If you want the Premium channels, then Dish Network or DirecTV have
    great and affordable offers. For a mere $29.99/month (at DN) you can
    get a system installed and start watching more than 60 channels. How
    cheap can it get?

    Stay legal!

    FTA receivers = use them for FTA channels only.
    Premium channels = Subscribe and pay the service provider their dues.
    Period.

    "James" <nowser@kmts.ca> wrote in message news:<gwvoc.18269$r9.43290@news1.mts.net>...
    > godss.com claims that with the pansat FTA you can get all Dish net channels
    > free and clear, including PPV,sports and adult. Is this possible with just
    > the receiver and has anyone actually bought one to try this?
    >
    > I'm a newbie to this sort of thing and am wondering what the difference of
    > this and pirating a DTV card for use would be?
  13. Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.mpeg-dvb (More info?)

    "JustMe" <nobody@nowhere.com> wrote in message
    | "If you want the Premium channels, then Dish Network or DirecTV have
    | great and affordable offers. For a mere $29.99/month (at DN) you can
    | get a system installed and start watching more than 60 channels. How
    | cheap can it get?"

    DirecTV just raised our rates to $60 mo. for 3 recevers - NO PREMIUM SERVICES -
    We cancelled immediately, and are finding enough to watch on FTA. Not as
    convenient, but hundreds more channels, many watchable. Adding dish's /
    recievers should up the convenience and eventually we'll have 3 rcvrs with full
    convenience, and no monthly paymts.

    --
    CWC
    ============================

    On Sun, 27 Jun 2004 14:25:17 -0600, "CWCunningham"
    <charlesw-at-blackfoot.net> wrote:

    >"JustMe" <nobody@nowhere.com> wrote in message
    >| "If you want the Premium channels, then Dish Network or DirecTV have
    >| great and affordable offers. For a mere $29.99/month (at DN) you can
    >| get a system installed and start watching more than 60 channels. How
    >| cheap can it get?"
    >|
    >DirecTV just raised our rates to $60 mo. for 3 recevers - NO PREMIUM SERVICES -
    >We cancelled immediately, and are finding enough to watch on FTA. Not as
    >convenient, but hundreds more channels, many watchable. Adding dish's /
    >recievers should up the convenience and eventually we'll have 3 rcvrs with full
    >convenience, and no monthly paymts.

    You won't get premium services with an FTA receiver either (let alone
    the majority of regular cable). You get a whole different sort of TV.
  15. Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.mpeg-dvb (More info?)

    "Gary Tait" <classicsat@yahoo.cominvalid> wrote in message
    | On Sun, 27 Jun 2004 14:25:17 -0600, "CWCunningham"
    | <charlesw-at-blackfoot.net> wrote:
    |
    | >"JustMe" <nobody@nowhere.com> wrote in message
    | >| "If you want the Premium channels, then Dish Network or DirecTV have
    | >| great and affordable offers. For a mere $29.99/month (at DN) you can
    | >| get a system installed and start watching more than 60 channels. How
    | >| cheap can it get?"
    | >|
    | >DirecTV just raised our rates to $60 mo. for 3 recevers - NO PREMIUM
    SERVICES -
    | >We cancelled immediately, and are finding enough to watch on FTA. Not as
    | >convenient, but hundreds more channels, many watchable. Adding dish's /
    | >recievers should up the convenience and eventually we'll have 3 rcvrs with
    full
    | >convenience, and no monthly paymts.
    |
    | You won't get premium services with an FTA receiver either (let alone
    | the majority of regular cable). You get a whole different sort of TV.

    We didn't have premium before, so we don't mis 'em. We now have $60 more dollars
    a month to invest in FTA gadgets. We also have a C-Band analog with VC-II so we
    can add on things like Sci-Fi and CNN pretty cheaply through NPS ala carte.

    --
    CWC
    It's not that nice guys finish last,
    They have a whole different notion
    where the finish line is.
  16. THIS ANONYMUS IDIOT WHO THINKS YOU CANT GET CHANELS FROM DRCT TV AND DISH NETWORKS OVER FTA RECIEVER THEN MY IDIOT FRIEN YOU ARE MORE STUPIDER THAN YOU THINK UR JUST SOME FREAKING BOFUNN HA HA HA HA AND JUST TO TELL YOU I HAVE A PENSAT 3500SD AND I GET ( HBO ,STARZ,SHOWTIME,CINEMAX, AND ALLL THE PEY PER VIEW CHANELS )SO MY STUPID FRIEND GET YOUR NOSE WHERE IT DOESNT BELONG K
  17. theboss360, May I ask where do you get your 3rd party software from? I've been trying to get premium channels with an FTA system too. Thanks

    G-man

MPEG DVB Video