Twinhan 1020A or 1022A?

Hi,

I am wanting to buy a low cost PCI Satellite Card to experiment with. The
Twinhan VP cards seem to be very common in various forums and web sites. Is
there any reason to get the VP 1022A or will the VP 1020A work just as well
for a newbie? I assume it is a slightly older version but appears to be "on
sale" at various web sites.

If someone wants to sell me a good used card, I might be interested.

Thanks
8 answers Last reply
More about twinhan 1020a 1022a
  1. Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.mpeg-dvb (More info?)

    Lenny wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am wanting to buy a low cost PCI Satellite Card to experiment with. The
    > Twinhan VP cards seem to be very common in various forums and web sites. Is
    > there any reason to get the VP 1022A or will the VP 1020A work just as well
    > for a newbie? I assume it is a slightly older version but appears to be "on
    > sale" at various web sites.
    >
    > If someone wants to sell me a good used card, I might be interested.

    My guess is that the 1922 has some updated components, but that you
    would be hard pressed to be able to tell the difference.

    My 2 cents of advice. I bought the 1020 (at the reduced price) in
    mid-February. I found the operation software that came with it very
    clumsy and difficult to use. I was starting to question my purchased
    until I purchased My Theatre. For ease of use it beats the OEM software
    hands down. And saved my sanity.

    Take care,
    Rich

    God bless the USA
    --
    Nothing is work unless you'd rather be doing something else.

    -attributed to various authors
  2. Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.mpeg-dvb (More info?)

    Thanks for the advice!

    "Rich Piehl" <rpiehl5REMOVETHIS@FORNOSPAMcharter.net> wrote in message
    > Lenny wrote:
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > I am wanting to buy a low cost PCI Satellite Card to experiment with.
    The
    > > Twinhan VP cards seem to be very common in various forums and web sites.
    Is
    > > there any reason to get the VP 1022A or will the VP 1020A work just as
    well
    > > for a newbie? I assume it is a slightly older version but appears to be
    "on
    > > sale" at various web sites.
    > >
    > > If someone wants to sell me a good used card, I might be interested.
    > >

    > My guess is that the 1922 has some updated components, but that you
    > would be hard pressed to be able to tell the difference.
    >
    > My 2 cents of advice. I bought the 1020 (at the reduced price) in
    > mid-February. I found the operation software that came with it very
    > clumsy and difficult to use. I was starting to question my purchased
    > until I purchased My Theatre. For ease of use it beats the OEM software
    > hands down. And saved my sanity.
    >
    > Take care,
    > Rich
    >
    > God bless the USA
    > --
    > Nothing is work unless you'd rather be doing something else.
    >
    > -attributed to various authors
  3. Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.mpeg-dvb (More info?)

    Lenny wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am wanting to buy a low cost PCI Satellite Card to experiment with. The
    > Twinhan VP cards seem to be very common in various forums and web sites. Is
    > there any reason to get the VP 1022A or will the VP 1020A work just as well
    > for a newbie? I assume it is a slightly older version but appears to be "on
    > sale" at various web sites.

    I am not aware of any differences between the two, other than size,
    which is supported by the fact that they don't have separate
    software/drivers for the 2, whereas they do have separate drivers for
    the US version. However IF there IS a difference, then you would be
    best off getting the 1020A anyway. Reason is, that very few people use
    the software that comes with the 1020a, but instead use one of the
    various 3rd party programs out there, and you'll KNOW that they will
    work with the 1020a. If there IS a difference, then you might be
    limited with respect to what software you can use.
    But I don't think there is a difference.
  4. Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.mpeg-dvb (More info?)

    On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 13:00:55 -0500, Bill Jones <wejones@megalink.net>
    wrote:

    >Lenny wrote:
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> I am wanting to buy a low cost PCI Satellite Card to experiment with. The
    >> Twinhan VP cards seem to be very common in various forums and web sites. Is
    >> there any reason to get the VP 1022A or will the VP 1020A work just as well
    >> for a newbie? I assume it is a slightly older version but appears to be "on
    >> sale" at various web sites.
    >
    >I am not aware of any differences between the two, other than size,
    >which is supported by the fact that they don't have separate
    >software/drivers for the 2, whereas they do have separate drivers for
    >the US version. However IF there IS a difference, then you would be
    >best off getting the 1020A anyway. Reason is, that very few people use
    >the software that comes with the 1020a, but instead use one of the
    >various 3rd party programs out there, and you'll KNOW that they will
    >work with the 1020a. If there IS a difference, then you might be
    >limited with respect to what software you can use.
    > But I don't think there is a difference.

    100% on, but I say get a nexus-s.
  5. Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.mpeg-dvb (More info?)

    The 1020A is a dicontinued model. The 1022A has a differnet tuner than
    the old TH1020A. Sadoun carries them at
    http://www.sadoun.com/Sat/Order/Receivers.htm
  6. I have one left for $25 + 7 ship if you are interested...better get it quick, as I sold my other two on first day of offering it.
  7. all cards sold now.....thanks!
  8. I found that connector you were looking for
    Cindy, is this the thing you were looking for?
    www.liangdianup.com/computeraccessories_1.htm

    It's on the list of computer accessories and parts. They have the DVI video thing to convert that jap monitor to work with your other computer. Just about any other kind of wire adaptor, usb connectors, monitor extension wires, ps2 extention wires, and all kinds of female and male swap connectors and things that I think would help your shop. If that above link don't work then goto www.lducompany.com and click on computer accessories. Let me know if that is what you need and give me your email address again.

MPEG DVB Video