Live USB not working

chance304

Honorable
Nov 28, 2013
HELP! My live usb for any linux is not booting up in my system. The system gives:
Intel UNDI, PXE-2.1(Build 083)
and other bunch of crap
i had been using linux from usb before and it never gave me any problems
i googled and looked for the solution but all i found was the problem for win7 booting up from local hard drive and there was nothing about how to get by when booting from usb

stillblue

Honorable
Nov 30, 2012
PXE is used to boot from a different computer's system, perhaps a server that is waiting for boot requests. Often used by thin clients that have no hard drive. Forget that, it's just your BIOs has that as an option.

You have an inspiron, when you press f12 during boot does your USB show up as a boot option? If not either your BIOS is not configured right or the install on your flash is bad. To fix the flash, reinstall. If it's the BIOS press f2 during boot and go to boot options. boot from USB should be on, allowed, and using f6 promoted to the top, go ahead and disable the PXE if you want but not necessary.

chance304

Honorable
Nov 28, 2013
i found out what was wrong. My system was not letting it boot through usb3 ports. I dnt know why that happened i did it through the usb2 port and it worked perfectly well. Can u tell why it gave me trouble?