How many 4DTV's in use out there?

I wonder how many 4DTV receivers are in use out there? And, how many 4DTV
owners subscribe to the NPS Absolute digital Package? BTW, my actuator have
quit and my satellite dealer have to order a new actuator.
8 answers Last reply
More about 4dtv
  1. Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.4dtv (More info?)

    "Ron Purdue" <RONALDPURDUE@prodigy.net> wrote in message
    > I wonder how many 4DTV receivers are in use out there? And, how many 4DTV
    > owners subscribe to the NPS Absolute digital Package? BTW, my actuator
    have
    > quit and my satellite dealer have to order a new actuator.

    I am thinking of getting one, I got a free 10 foot dish, arm, lnas.
    Should I go with 4dtv?
  2. Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.4dtv (More info?)

    If you are seriously thinking of C-Band equipment,a 4DTV system is the
    only way to go.Basically,because the analog signals are slowly
    disappearing and eventually digital signals will only be left.
    As an aside,if you go with 4DTV,I would also consider adding and
    coupling a DVB free-to-air
    receiver to the 4DTV as well.This is another digital standard receiver
    that will add some additional digital functionality and usefulness to a
    digital C-Band setup.These units can be had from various suppliers
    anywhere from $150 to
    $450 depending on features and equipment.
  3. Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.4dtv (More info?)

    approx 80,000

    Not sure how up to date that number is

    "Ron Purdue" <RONALDPURDUE@prodigy.net> wrote in message
    >I wonder how many 4DTV receivers are in use out there? And, how many 4DTV
    > owners subscribe to the NPS Absolute digital Package? BTW, my actuator
    > have
    > quit and my satellite dealer have to order a new actuator.

  4. Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.4dtv (More info?)

    I'm not familiar with DVBs. Could you give some specific models so I
    can research them? Thanks.

    SAC 441 wrote:

    >If you are seriously thinking of C-Band equipment,a 4DTV system is the
    >only way to go.Basically,because the analog signals are slowly
    >disappearing and eventually digital signals will only be left.
    >As an aside,if you go with 4DTV,I would also consider adding and
    >coupling a DVB free-to-air
    >receiver to the 4DTV as well.This is another digital standard receiver
    >that will add some additional digital functionality and usefulness to a
    >digital C-Band setup.These units can be had from various suppliers
    >anywhere from $150 to
    >$450 depending on features and equipment.

  5. Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.4dtv (More info?)

    "David L. Cottrell" <dlcottrell@charter.net> wrote in news:NfNIe.5300
    $Tt6.1932@fe04.lga:

    > I'm not familiar with DVBs. Could you give some specific models so I
    > can research them? Thanks.

    Look up the pansat and fortech lines

    www.global-cm.net has lots of info.

    > SAC 441 wrote:
    >
    >>If you are seriously thinking of C-Band equipment,a 4DTV system is the
    >>only way to go.Basically,because the analog signals are slowly
    >>disappearing and eventually digital signals will only be left.
    >>As an aside,if you go with 4DTV,I would also consider adding and
    >>coupling a DVB free-to-air
    >>receiver to the 4DTV as well.This is another digital standard receiver
    >>that will add some additional digital functionality and usefulness to
    >>digital C-Band setup.These units can be had from various suppliers
    >>anywhere from $150 to
    >>$450 depending on features and equipment.

  6. Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.4dtv (More info?)

    I have one.

    "Ron Purdue" <RONALDPURDUE@prodigy.net> wrote in message
    >I wonder how many 4DTV receivers are in use out there? And, how many 4DTV
    > owners subscribe to the NPS Absolute digital Package? BTW, my actuator
    > have
    > quit and my satellite dealer have to order a new actuator.

  7. Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.4dtv (More info?)

    I want one
    "Husker Du" <none@none.moc> wrote in message
    >I have one.
    >
    > "Ron Purdue" <RONALDPURDUE@prodigy.net> wrote in message
    >>I wonder how many 4DTV receivers are in use out there? And, how many 4DTV
    >> owners subscribe to the NPS Absolute digital Package? BTW, my actuator
    >> have
    >> quit and my satellite dealer have to order a new actuator.

  8. The sub count should be over 125000, I use my bud every day, I talk to the guy at www.rpssat.com every once in a while, and he tells me they have a hard time stocking the 4dtv's, they sell out fast, so I guess people are still using there buds and upgrading them :)

4DTV Satellite Video