Best glue to glue cartridge labels back on?????

I have an intellivision game where the label came off (some atari
games, too) and would like to know the best glue to use to glue them
back on with? Thanks.
8 answers Last reply
More about glue glue cartridge labels back

    "The Space Boss" <drsmith666@aol.com> wrote in

    > I have an intellivision game where the label came off (some atari
    > games, too) and would like to know the best glue to use to glue them
    > back on with? Thanks.

    This has been a pretty hotly debated topic in the past. I've had
    good results with Elmer's glue or Glu-stick, applied very sparsely and
    then dried under pressure.

    --

    Aaron J. Bossig

    http://www.GodsLabRat.com
    http://www.dvdverdict.com
  2. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.classic (More info?)

    The Space Boss wrote:
    > I have an intellivision game where the label came off (some atari
    > games, too) and would like to know the best glue to use to glue them
    > back on with? Thanks.

    I find rubber cement to be the best. It doesn't create any permanent
    chemical bond with the paper (so there's no danger of bleeding or label
    discoloration), yet it still adheres perfectly.
    It *has* to dry under pressure though.

    The other advantage is any glue that bleeds out from the edges can be
    rubbed off with the finger once dry, which easily removes it. This
    leaves the cartridge and topside of the label unscathed, and the
    underside of the label with glue up to its very edges for maximum hold.

    One more bonus is that you can sniff it and forget who you are (and then
    promptly go to the circus for maximum terror) ;)
  3. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.classic (More info?)

    Aaron J. Bossig wrote:
    > "The Space Boss" <drsmith666@aol.com> wrote in
    >
    > > I have an intellivision game where the label came off (some atari
    > > games, too) and would like to know the best glue to use to glue them
    > > back on with? Thanks.
    >
    > This has been a pretty hotly debated topic in the past. I've had
    > good results with Elmer's glue or Glu-stick, applied very sparsely and
    > then dried under pressure.

    I used the glu-stick on my Space Armada cartridge, and it seems to have
    worked. How in the world would you dry an intellivision end label under
    pressure though?
  4. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.classic (More info?)

    MrBiggles wrote:

    > One more bonus is that you can sniff it and forget who you are (and then
    > promptly go to the circus for maximum terror) ;)

    What the hell are you wasting your time here for? You should become a
    comedian.
  5. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.classic (More info?)

    >> > I have an intellivision game where the label came off (some atari
    >> > games, too) and would like to know the best glue to use to glue them
    >> > back on with? Thanks.
    >>
    >> This has been a pretty hotly debated topic in the past. I've had
    >> good results with Elmer's glue or Glu-stick, applied very sparsely and
    >> then dried under pressure.
    >>

    > I used the glu-stick on my Space Armada cartridge, and it seems to have
    > worked. How in the world would you dry an intellivision end label under
    > pressure though?

    I've created some pretty elaborate riggings from VHS tapes to
    get those hard-to-hold labels.

    --

    Aaron J. Bossig

    http://www.GodsLabRat.com
    http://www.dvdverdict.com
  6. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.classic (More info?)

    > I used the glu-stick on my Space Armada cartridge, and it seems to have
    > worked. How in the world would you dry an intellivision end label under
    > pressure though?

    I put the label down against a piece of carpet, and then load on books.
    Sometimes this requires a support structure so the books don't fall
    over(i.e., the books aren't balanced on the end of the cart).

    Sometimes I'll use rubberbands with styrofoam pressing against the label.
  7. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.classic (More info?)

    The Space Boss wrote:
    > MrBiggles wrote:
    >

    >>One more bonus is that you can sniff it and forget who you are (and then
    >>promptly go to the circus for maximum terror) ;)
    >

    > What the hell are you wasting your time here for? You should become a
    > comedian.

    Your posts are where I gather most of my material.
  8. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.classic (More info?)

    "The Space Boss" <drsmith666@aol.com> wrote in message
    > I have an intellivision game where the label came off (some atari
    > games, too) and would like to know the best glue to use to glue them
    > back on with? Thanks.

    I use regular School Glue. I use a paint brush to put a thin layer on and
    it both stays and looks good.

    Cheers,
    Colin

Games Video Classic