Question On Tivo Series 2 and Ethernet

Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.tivo (More info?)

Hi,

I am thinking about getting a Tivo, but it would have to use wired
Ethernet. It appears that Tivo supports the concept of a
USB-to-Ethernet adapter, but which ones will work with Tivo for sure?

TIA,
Dan
5 answers Last reply
More about question tivo series ethernet
  1. Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.tivo (More info?)

    Dan wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am thinking about getting a Tivo, but it would have to use wired
    > Ethernet. It appears that Tivo supports the concept of a
    > USB-to-Ethernet adapter, but which ones will work with Tivo for sure?
    >
    > TIA,
    > Dan

    look here:


    http://customersupport.tivo.com/knowbase/root/public/tv2006.htm?

    Randy S.
  2. Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.tivo (More info?)

    On 9/22/2005 10:56 AM, Randy S. wrote:
    > Dan wrote:
    >
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> I am thinking about getting a Tivo, but it would have to use wired
    >> Ethernet. It appears that Tivo supports the concept of a
    >> USB-to-Ethernet adapter, but which ones will work with Tivo for sure?
    >>
    >> TIA,
    >> Dan
    >
    >
    > look here:
    >
    >
    > http://customersupport.tivo.com/knowbase/root/public/tv2006.htm?
    >
    > Randy S.

    This one

    http://tinyurl.com/8sfap

    will then work?
  3. Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.tivo (More info?)

    On 9/22/2005 1:53 PM, Dan wrote:
    > On 9/22/2005 10:56 AM, Randy S. wrote:
    >
    >> Dan wrote:
    >>
    >>> Hi,
    >>>
    >>> I am thinking about getting a Tivo, but it would have to use wired
    >>> Ethernet. It appears that Tivo supports the concept of a
    >>> USB-to-Ethernet adapter, but which ones will work with Tivo for sure?
    >>>
    >>> TIA,
    >>> Dan
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >> look here:
    >>
    >>
    >> http://customersupport.tivo.com/knowbase/root/public/tv2006.htm?
    >>
    >> Randy S.
    >
    >
    > This one
    >
    > http://tinyurl.com/8sfap
    >
    > will then work?

    Nevermind, I bought a ReplayTV with built-in ethernet.
  4. Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.tivo (More info?)

    "Randy S." <rswitt@nospam.com> wrote:

    >look here:
    >
    >
    >http://customersupport.tivo.com/knowbase/root/public/tv2006.htm?
    >
    >Randy S.


    Hmm, There seems to be an error on the page. I have a 240-series
    unit, and I found this paragraph a bit confusing:
    "The following wireless network adapters are compatible with all TiVo
    Series2 DVRs except for DVRs with a 15-digit TiVo service number,
    beginning with 110, 130, or 140. If the 15-digit TiVo service number
    on your DVR begins with 110, 130, or 140, view ALL wireless adapters."

    Then I realized that both sentences refer to the SAME service
    numbers..


    --
    Email reply: please remove one letter from each side of "@"
    Spammers are Scammers. Exterminate them.
  5. Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.tivo (More info?)

    Dan <dan@nospam.com> shaped the electrons to say:
    >Nevermind, I bought a ReplayTV with built-in ethernet.

    Just curious - but you know the RTV supports fewer networking features
    than TiVo now, and is no longer being developed, right?

    Both TiVo and RTV now support transferring shows to/from a PC,
    multi-room viewing (sharing between units in a home), and web based
    scheduling.

    TiVo also supports music playback and photo viewing, Home Media Engine
    (an API for 3rd party developers with a number of cool applications
    already out there, the best being Galleon), and they're getting ready
    to rollout broadband content delivery.

    Frankly I think the other TiVo feature, like the entire scheduling
    system, beats the pants off RTV's system.

    So what swayed you to buy RTV?

    -MZ
    --
    <URL:mailto:megazoneatmegazone.org> Gweep, Discordian, Author, Engineer, me.
    "A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men" 508-852-2171
    <URL:http://www.megazone.org/> <URL:http://www.eyrie-productions.com/> Eris
Ask a new question

Read More

Ptv Tivo Tivo Ethernet Card Video