Transferring VIDEO_TS folders to Tivo Series 2 from my Mac

I have a set of DVDs that are saved as VIDEO_TS folders on my Mac Mini.
I have a Humax 80 hours Series 2 Tivo. I have a cable modem attached to
the ethernet port on my mac mini.
I have Galleon 1.5 running on my mac (with Mac OS X 104.2).

I know that I need to buy either a router or ahub to connect my Tivo to
my cable modem and to my mac.

But, once I get the network up how do I transfer the playable DVDs from
my mac to the Tivo. I have a builtin dvd player on my mac and would
like to use it to plays my dvd movies. dvd movies show up on my mac as
a mounted device with the AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS folders.

I know that the TiVo Desktop only allows me to xfer music and photos.

I don't think that Galleon 1.5 allows you to xfer these VIDEO_TS
folders and play them on myTivo.

thanks
2 answers Last reply
More about transferring video folders tivo series mac

    You can't. Galleon which sits on top of TTG only allows you to move
    back files that are in the TiVo proprietary encrypted format. Even hacked
    TiVos can't do this (unless something new is available that I'm not aware
    of).

    <ObjCCoder> wrote in message news:2005092114460316807%@news.giganews.com...
    >I have a set of DVDs that are saved as VIDEO_TS folders on my Mac Mini. I
    >have a Humax 80 hours Series 2 Tivo. I have a cable modem attached to the
    >ethernet port on my mac mini.
    > I have Galleon 1.5 running on my mac (with Mac OS X 104.2).
    >
    > I know that I need to buy either a router or ahub to connect my Tivo to my
    > cable modem and to my mac.
    >
    > But, once I get the network up how do I transfer the playable DVDs from my
    > mac to the Tivo. I have a builtin dvd player on my mac and would like to
    > use it to plays my dvd movies. dvd movies show up on my mac as a mounted
    > device with the AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS folders.
    >
    > I know that the TiVo Desktop only allows me to xfer music and photos.
    >
    > I don't think that Galleon 1.5 allows you to xfer these VIDEO_TS folders
    > and play them on myTivo.
    >
    > thanks

    The new TTG and TivoDesktop allows moving MPE2 content from your PC to
    your Tivo. I don't know if Galleon supports that.

    Randy S.

    RobR wrote:
    > You can't. Galleon which sits on top of TTG only allows you to move
    > back files that are in the TiVo proprietary encrypted format. Even hacked
    > TiVos can't do this (unless something new is available that I'm not aware
    > of).
    >
    > <ObjCCoder> wrote in message news:2005092114460316807%@news.giganews.com...
    >
    >>I have a set of DVDs that are saved as VIDEO_TS folders on my Mac Mini. I
    >>have a Humax 80 hours Series 2 Tivo. I have a cable modem attached to the
    >>ethernet port on my mac mini.
    >>I have Galleon 1.5 running on my mac (with Mac OS X 104.2).
    >>
    >>I know that I need to buy either a router or ahub to connect my Tivo to my
    >>cable modem and to my mac.
    >>
    >>But, once I get the network up how do I transfer the playable DVDs from my
    >>mac to the Tivo. I have a builtin dvd player on my mac and would like to
    >>use it to plays my dvd movies. dvd movies show up on my mac as a mounted
    >>device with the AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS folders.
    >>
    >>I know that the TiVo Desktop only allows me to xfer music and photos.
    >>
    >>I don't think that Galleon 1.5 allows you to xfer these VIDEO_TS folders
    >>and play them on myTivo.
    >>
    >>thanks

Ptv Tivo Tivo Video Macintosh