Tivo Tv guide vs Dtv TV Guide question

I use an antenna to receive local channels thru my DTV setup. But thru
my HD receiver I can get all the local channels in digital picture. In
the DTV guide one of the local channels is listed as:

13 normal reception
13-1 digital reception
13-2 digital reception zoom in

They are all the same channels. But in the Tivo guide its listed as 13.
There is no listing 13-1 & 13-2. When I do watch local channels all I
ever watch are the digital broadcast. My question was is there any way
to get the local digital channels to show up in the Tivo guide? I know
someone out there had to come across this dilema. Any help would be
greatly appreciated. TIA
1 answer Last reply
More about tivo guide dtv guide question

    Pancho Claus wrote:
    > I use an antenna to receive local channels thru my DTV setup. But thru
    > my HD receiver I can get all the local channels in digital picture.

    I find that description confusing. What exactly do you have?
    Standalone TiVo? External DirecTV receiver? DirecTiVo (combination
    DirecTV and TiVo in one box)? Terrestrial HD receiver?
    DirecTV HD Receiver? DirecTV+HD+TiVo combo?

    My old TiVo set up is a standalone TiVo connected to an external
    DirecTV receiver. On it, there are two ways of tuning in analog
    channel 9: 009 = rabbit-ears or cable TV, 888 = same signal
    picked up from the satellite.

    My new TiVo is an HR10-250; a DirecTV HD Receiver with TiVo built in.
    It cannot pick up analog channel 9 at all. Instead, it can pickup
    digital channels 9-1, 9-2, 9-3, 9-4, and 9-5. They are listed as
    such in the DirecTV TiVo guide. Those digital subchannels are not
    the same as the analog channel.

    > In the DTV guide one of the local channels is listed as:
    >
    > 13 normal reception
    > 13-1 digital reception
    > 13-2 digital reception zoom in
    >
    > They are all the same channels. But in the Tivo guide its listed as 13.
    > There is no listing 13-1 & 13-2. When I do watch local channels all I
    > ever watch are the digital broadcast. My question was is there any way
    > to get the local digital channels to show up in the Tivo guide? I know
    > someone out there had to come across this dilema. Any help would be
    > greatly appreciated. TIA

    If the TiVo guide you're talking about is the one that is inside
    a standalone TiVo, the answer is no. The standalone TiVo has no
    concept of subchannels (13-1, 13-2, etc) and therefore cannot
    control an external digital TV tuner.

    -Joe

Ptv Tivo Tivo TV