Whats the difference between a DSR920 and DSR922

I'm slowly getting into BUD and I would like to buy one or the other.
If someone has I link that would be great also. TIA
4 answers Last reply
More about whats difference dsr920 dsr922
  1. Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.4dtv (More info?)

    I am not sure entirely,but I do not think that the model 920 is
    manufactured anymore.The chief difference between the two that I can
    detect is that the 922 has Dolby AC-3 5.1 surround sound
    processing,while the 920 just has standard Dolby Pro-Logic 5.0 surround
    sound.
    If you get a 920,it is sure to be used or reconditioned.I have a 920,it
    serves my needs fine,but the 922 has the more updated advanced features
    although in my opinion,they are minor.The 922 has a newer improved one
    piece motherboard too.
  2. Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.4dtv (More info?)

    Thanks for the info SAC 441 and thanks for the link DRLev thats just
    what I was looking for.
  3. Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.4dtv (More info?)

    http://www.bigdish.info/

    Click on DSR922 in the left frame

    "Sauger" <ottoschmink@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    | I'm slowly getting into BUD and I would like to buy one or the other.
    | If someone has I link that would be great also. TIA

  4. Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.4dtv (More info?)

    Note to DRLev:
    On the BIG DISH INFO page when comparing the differences between the
    922,920 and 905 add-on sidecars there is a glaring discrepancy.
    When you link on the 1st GENERATION 4DTV on the right of the
    page(920),it says the 905 has currently 25 timers available.BUT....when
    you link on the 2ND GENERATION 4DTV link(922),the same contrast
    comparison says it only has 5 timers?? Which is correct? Not that it
    really makes much difference.

4DTV Satellite Video