Where should PC gaming go in the future?

Minstedmaz

Reputable
Jun 11, 2014
Hello everyone, Im a happy PC gamer, and I've recently played Titanfall and Wolfenstein, and through they are great games they are still normal games in a way, what do you think the future will bring us?

I haven't tried the Oculus Rift, but I've read great things about it, but what do you think are the next best things to be looking forward to?, I mean besides VR Headsets?

Trustdesa

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2013
I have got an Oculus Rift DK1.......... if you haven't tried you can't understand and when you explain to someone you generally sound crazy lol........ but that is the way where everything is going :)

Minstedmaz

Reputable
Jun 11, 2014
Aweesome, I know they are both FPS but what I meant its thta they are normal games, same imputs, just best graphics, but I just wanted to think about, is the Oculus Rift something that will really improve gaming, and after that what is next?

Trustdesa

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2013

Oculus Rift is something....well something else, again it is really difficult to explain in words, I was waiting for VR since the time I had tried the VFX1 in the early 90s. If Oculus can resolve some problem affecting the DK1 that would be the future... you literally are in the game :)

hoda

Honorable
Jul 25, 2012
I totally agree with the OP and I can clearly see his point. Most games nowadays have way better graphics than before but they don't focus as much on improving gameplay mechanics. If this is the next gen of gaming then we should be having more advanced AI in most games and more fluid game mechanics. Some games like assassins creed are still suffering from poor AI even these days. I don't know much about that oculus rift thing but if we want the future of gaming to improve then most developers should stop giving so much attention to the game graphics and instead give this attention to the AI for instance.

Minstedmaz

Reputable
Jun 11, 2014
Yeah, we where promised better AI with a lot of games like the Last of us and other, I think better AI would bring another level to gaming, can you imagine a fligh/space sim where your wingmen could really do crazy stuff like you, that would be awesome.

hoda

Honorable
Jul 25, 2012

Yeah exactly, we need to have better AI in the next upcoming games especially in the stealth games, not just some improved lighting or improved particle physics. It is really sad to see some games that still have poor AI nowadays like Assassins creed as I mentioned before. The enemies in this game are completely blind and deaf.In assassins creed you can still stab a guard standing right next to another guard who doesn't even realise what is happening, this problem hasn't been fixed even in AC IV black flag which is the latest game in the series. Thats why I would love to see mind blowing AI in the upcoming games. Imagine a stealth game where guards can actually realise that you are hiding behind an object just by noticing your shadow or even by hearing your breath if you hide after running out of stamina, That would be totally mind blowing

Minstedmaz

Reputable
Jun 11, 2014
Yeah I hated on Skyrim where you would hit someone in the head with and arrow, then he would investigate for xx number of seconds and then return to its normal rutine, that was really bad (but funny too sometimes).

The main problem is that he should have died from that, it's followed up by the fact that he looks for xx seconds and then goes back to screwing around.

Some things like, the laser sight arc need to be added to games with archery/crossbows so we can make the long range shots more informed. it might start out a bit inaccurate, but as the skill of the character improved it would become a much more accurate arc.

The character is supposed to be the master archer, as a video game player i'm clearly unskilled to make those proper decisions, and the fact that the world is a video game skews my perception of distances and such alot. (Note, I'm decently good at using archery weapons in current video games, but it takes my like 3-4 shots to get the actual distance right first.)

teddymines

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2011
I'm waiting for actual pain. This would be some sort of high voltage device similar to a tazer, that has electrodes connected to your hands and neck. When you take damage, you get a shot of voltage that makes you physically unable to operate the controls for a while.

I don't know much about Oculus Rift, but if there is a way to disable one eye, that could simulate an actual injury. You'd need a medic to treat your eye wound, and would gradually gain full eyesight back. In the meantime, your depth perception would be off, and you might not be able to use a sniper rifle (e.g., if your right eye is out).

I'd also like to see injuries do more than just decrease a shield or reduce the number of health bars. You should move slower, possibly pass out, maybe even be unable to climb ladders.

Finally, more voice command support. You should be able to say "reload" or "grenade" instead of finding the correct key. This will give players the ability to focus on moving, aiming, and firing. Maybe I'm slow in this area, but I'd love to exploit voice more like this.

kimatahi

Reputable
Jul 30, 2014

In future of gaiming they will make holographic people run in real world and shotting .. xD

mortarman

Reputable
Jul 31, 2014
i love to see games again that have no stats no unlocks all weapons from start when you play online like the old bf1942 bfv and ut99 quake crysis 1 no more pay to win model no premium
and most of all mod support again god i miss that in all new games

Minstedmaz

Reputable
Jun 11, 2014
I really hate what microtransactions are doing to the gaming scene, that and all the sequels for the games, I liked modern warfare and modern warfare too, but everything from there onward was really bad, I could say the only trilogy I liked was the Mass Effect Trilogy, and even that one I didn't like the ending, another one I didn't like that much was Dark Souls 2, in a way it never captivated me like the first one did.