Build check please - trying to stay close to 1,000 as possible

flexation

Reputable
Jul 25, 2014
My last 2 video cards have been AMD and I haven't been too happy with them. Not sure, but they always put up great benchmarks but fail for me under actual game loads. Just my experience. My last card was a XFXAMD Radeon HD 7870 2GB GDDR5 2DVI/HDMI/2 Mini Display Port PCI-Express Video Card FX787ACNFC http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007MJGMXQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

And I regret it everyday I power on my computer :p

flexation

Reputable
Jul 25, 2014
Locks my computer up, second monitor stops working (reboot fixes it, or after screen saver kicks in 2-3 times it'll come back), screen distorts, random game crashes (not a result of cpu / ram).

flexation

Reputable
Jul 25, 2014
Could be a faulty card... I had similar issues with my previous AMD card. I dunno. I could easily swap out the gtx for the r9

Which build would you recommend?

well i think its a driver issue back then with 7850 old amd drivers were not up to the mark but that have changed now they make really good drivers but still nvidia is ahead of them in drivers....either gtx or r9 they are both uppermid range cards just the r9 280 is better than the 760 but the same price so i will choose the 280 based on the price /performance ratio...