Restricting only one user to use internet

npk82

Reputable
Jul 25, 2014
Hi,

HI. One of our employees works on two Windows 7 computers (say, A and B) with the same user account. Problem is he is using internet on computer B extensively. I would like to restrict this usage on B only (he can access it on A). moreover, i don't want other users using A and B to restrict, that is, just one user to restrict.
Thanks.

peterracine

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2011
If you have a networking operating system like windows server running your network than you can configure it to restrict users from accessing the internet. If this is a peer to peer network ( sounds like it), you can set up a user account for him on computer b and then set up restrictions using parental controls (I know it sounds funny for a workplace) so that he cannot access the internet. Hope that helps.

On computer you want to cut Internet access on: Configure the network adapter without "default gateway" (either locally thru static IP configuration, or at DHCP server). For other employers wanting to use that computer, create a script with adds router' IP address as default gateway.