Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question

Personal Impressions of Two Jakks Games

Tags:
  • Joystick
  • Games
Last response: in Home Theatre
Anonymous
September 13, 2005 12:11:24 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.classic (More info?)

Hi All

I'm not a big fan of the no-console-required joystick games, but
two of them are tempting me. Has anyone taken a close look at
the Mortal Kombat and Batman sets?

For the Batman joystick, I'm mostly just wondering if the game
is half-decent. Should I buy it at full price, or wait until it
hits the clearance rack? As for the MK one, what version is it?
The Genesis one? SNES? Arcade emulation?

--

Aaron J. Bossig

http://www.GodsLabRat.com
http://www.dvdverdict.com

More about : personal impressions jakks games

Anonymous
September 13, 2005 1:00:40 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.classic (More info?)

Aaron J. Bossig wrote:
> Hi All
>
> I'm not a big fan of the no-console-required joystick games, but
> two of them are tempting me. Has anyone taken a close look at
> the Mortal Kombat and Batman sets?
>
> For the Batman joystick, I'm mostly just wondering if the game
> is half-decent. Should I buy it at full price, or wait until it
> hits the clearance rack?

You call yourself a classic game collector and actually consider *not*
waiting until it's 1/2 price?
Anonymous
September 13, 2005 5:15:09 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.classic (More info?)

I haven't tried either of those, but have you noticed the ones now that
accept cartridges with more games? I saw Star Wars like that, and the box
implied that there were other units that would also accept carts.

As far as the units you're talking about, I would imagine they're
NES-on-a-chip. So if you like those type of games, try one for a test run.

Dane.

"Aaron J. Bossig" <linkvb06@SpammersWillBeExecuted.ptd.net> wrote in message
news:Xns96CFD788A59ADlinkvb06SpammersWill@204.186.200.105...
> Hi All
>
> I'm not a big fan of the no-console-required joystick games, but
> two of them are tempting me. Has anyone taken a close look at
> the Mortal Kombat and Batman sets?
>
> For the Batman joystick, I'm mostly just wondering if the game
> is half-decent. Should I buy it at full price, or wait until it
> hits the clearance rack? As for the MK one, what version is it?
> The Genesis one? SNES? Arcade emulation?
>
> --
>
> Aaron J. Bossig
>
> http://www.GodsLabRat.com
> http://www.dvdverdict.com
Related resources
Anonymous
September 13, 2005 5:33:49 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.classic (More info?)

Dane L. Galden (at at) wrote:


>
> As far as the units you're talking about, I would imagine they're
> NES-on-a-chip. So if you like those type of games, try one for a test run.
>

Mortal Kombat on NES on a chip??? I'd pay FULL PRICE for that! No, more
likely the version of MK on the plug and play is the "genesis on a
chip", the same engine that does the Sonic joy and the Genesis 6 pack
joys..
Anonymous
September 13, 2005 4:21:20 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.classic (More info?)

are these rare? how much did you pay?
Anonymous
September 13, 2005 9:58:51 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.classic (More info?)

"The Space Boss" <drsmith666@aol.com> wrote in message
news:1126600429.518423.14110@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
>
> Dane L. Galden (at at) wrote:
>
>
> >
> > As far as the units you're talking about, I would imagine they're
> > NES-on-a-chip. So if you like those type of games, try one for a test
run.
> >
>
> Mortal Kombat on NES on a chip??? I'd pay FULL PRICE for that! No, more
> likely the version of MK on the plug and play is the "genesis on a
> chip", the same engine that does the Sonic joy and the Genesis 6 pack
> joys..
>

I actually have a Mortal Kombat game for NES (knockoff from Taiwan). It
actually is pretty good, except for the color pallette limitations. I
haven't seen these yet, though, so it may well be Genesis-on-a-chip.

Dane.
Anonymous
September 13, 2005 11:29:15 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.classic (More info?)

"The Space Boss" <drsmith666@aol.com> wrote in message
news:1126639280.769327.288070@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com...
> are these rare? how much did you pay?
>

Very rare, even 10 years ago. Can't be found anywhere today. I paid about
$35.

Dane.
September 14, 2005 8:26:43 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.classic (More info?)

On Tue, 13 Sep 2005 19:29:15 GMT, "Dane L. Galden"
<chigroup(at)ix.netcom.comCHANGE(at)TO@> wrote:

>"The Space Boss" <drsmith666@aol.com> wrote in message
>news:1126639280.769327.288070@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com...
>> are these rare? how much did you pay?
>>
>
>Very rare, even 10 years ago. Can't be found anywhere today. I paid about
>$35.
>
>Dane.

Eh, I have a hard time calling any pirate NES stuff "very rare." Your
specific MK cart may be hard to find, but there's a ton of various
pirate NES MKs (some of which seem to be ports of the GB versions)
that turn up as single carts and on multicarts. One of those "Mega
Joy" all-in-one-NES-on-a-chip doohickies I bought several years ago
included an MK2 pirate on its built-in multi, too.

You just gotta find some place with a selection of pirates and multis
and you'll probably find you an MK.

-lugnut
Anonymous
September 15, 2005 1:16:26 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.classic (More info?)

"lugnut" <lugnut@NOSPAMhotmail.com> wrote in message
news:43284e72.41684718@news.netins.net...
> On Tue, 13 Sep 2005 19:29:15 GMT, "Dane L. Galden"
> <chigroup(at)ix.netcom.comCHANGE(at)TO@> wrote:
>
> >"The Space Boss" <drsmith666@aol.com> wrote in message
> >news:1126639280.769327.288070@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com...
> >> are these rare? how much did you pay?
> >>
> >
> >Very rare, even 10 years ago. Can't be found anywhere today. I paid about
> >$35.
> >
> >Dane.
>
> Eh, I have a hard time calling any pirate NES stuff "very rare." Your
> specific MK cart may be hard to find, but there's a ton of various
> pirate NES MKs (some of which seem to be ports of the GB versions)
> that turn up as single carts and on multicarts. One of those "Mega
> Joy" all-in-one-NES-on-a-chip doohickies I bought several years ago
> included an MK2 pirate on its built-in multi, too.
>
> You just gotta find some place with a selection of pirates and multis
> and you'll probably find you an MK.
>
> -lugnut

Ok. Let's say "rare" as a stand-alone, boxed game. :-P

(I never really considered the multi-carts because I don't collect those.
To me, they have no real "historical value.")

Dane.