Order When Adding Season Pass

Hughes SD-DVR80 - Software Version 6.2-01-2-351

When adding a new season pass, most of the time it adds it to bottom of
Season Pass Manager list.

Every now and then I add a season pass and when I go to Season Pass
Manager, the new season pass is listed in #1 position.

Anyone else notice this happen? Are there any specific conditions for
Tivo to choose to put it at #1 position instead of the bottom?

Not really a big deal, but just odd it does this on occasion.
10 answers Last reply
More about order adding season pass

    "Surfer" <wateriswet@ocean.sez> wrote in message
    > Hughes SD-DVR80 - Software Version 6.2-01-2-351
    >
    > When adding a new season pass, most of the time it adds it to bottom of
    > Season Pass Manager list.
    >
    > Every now and then I add a season pass and when I go to Season Pass
    > Manager, the new season pass is listed in #1 position.
    >
    > Anyone else notice this happen? Are there any specific conditions for
    > Tivo to choose to put it at #1 position instead of the bottom?
    >
    > Not really a big deal, but just odd it does this on occasion.

    I've noticed that making a Season Pass (SP) that does /not/ cause a conflict
    goes to the bottom. If I create an SP that causes a conflict, and choose to
    record the new SP over the old, it gets added above the one it conflicted
    with. Never noticed it going to the top or directly above the older SP
    cause I didn't pay that much attention.

    On 2005-09-10, Seth <seth_lermanNOSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote:
    > "Surfer" <wateriswet@ocean.sez> wrote in message
    >> Hughes SD-DVR80 - Software Version 6.2-01-2-351
    >>
    >> When adding a new season pass, most of the time it adds it to bottom of
    >> Season Pass Manager list.
    >>
    >> Every now and then I add a season pass and when I go to Season Pass
    >> Manager, the new season pass is listed in #1 position.
    >>
    >> Anyone else notice this happen? Are there any specific conditions for
    >> Tivo to choose to put it at #1 position instead of the bottom?
    >>
    >> Not really a big deal, but just odd it does this on occasion.
    >
    > I've noticed that making a Season Pass (SP) that does /not/ cause a conflict
    > goes to the bottom. If I create an SP that causes a conflict, and choose to
    > record the new SP over the old, it gets added above the one it conflicted
    > with. Never noticed it going to the top or directly above the older SP
    > cause I didn't pay that much attention.

    Yeah, it'll go to the bottom if no conflicts and to the top if there is a
    conflict. Just the way it works.

    --
    This is my .sig

    Surfer wrote:

    > Every now and then I add a season pass and when I go to Season Pass
    > Manager, the new season pass is listed in #1 position.

    "OK, record this Season Pass as shown" = added to bottom of SP list.
    "Get ALL episodes of this Season Pass" = added to top of SP list.

    -Joe

    > Yeah, it'll go to the bottom if no conflicts and to the top if there is a
    > conflict. Just the way it works.

    I always found conflicts, thumb ratings and recording priorities to be a lot
    more confusing that they ought to be. A bit of better documentation would
    really help the newbies.

    For the record, I'm not a "newbie" (have had DirecTivo for two years)
    and I'm very good with electronic gadgets.

    I also *have* read the entire manual for my DVR and didn't see anything
    about this in the manual.

    Do really do appreciate all the helpful responses. Thanks folks!

    "wkearney99" <wkearney99@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:wtSdnbcTmv3rd7_eRVn-qA@speakeasy.net...
    > > Yeah, it'll go to the bottom if no conflicts and to the top if there is a
    > > conflict. Just the way it works.
    >
    > I always found conflicts, thumb ratings and recording priorities to be a lot
    > more confusing that they ought to be. A bit of better documentation would
    > really help the newbies.

    "Newbies" or most people, don't read documentation.
    They ask questions in a newsgroup that have answers in the user's guides.

    Jack Ak said:
    ----" "Newbies" or most people,don't read documentation.They ask
    questions in a newsgroup that have answers in the user's guides."----

    Reply:
    I have the ORIGINAL documentation with my DirecTV/DVR,and no where
    (including the owner's manual) does it give any references to scheduling
    order with respect to isolated occurrences that may crop up with Season
    Passes.The manual has BASIC general information only,and has little if
    any technical information about software performance specifics.

    On 2005-09-10, SAC 441 <SAC441@webtv.net> wrote:
    > Jack Ak said:
    > ----" "Newbies" or most people,don't read documentation.They ask
    > questions in a newsgroup that have answers in the user's guides."----
    >
    > Reply:
    > I have the ORIGINAL documentation with my DirecTV/DVR,and no where
    > (including the owner's manual) does it give any references to scheduling
    > order with respect to isolated occurrences that may crop up with Season
    > Passes.The manual has BASIC general information only,and has little if
    > any technical information about software performance specifics.

    Season Passes are recorded in order of priority as listed in the Season
    Pass Manager. How confusing is this?

    --
    This is my .sig

    "SAC 441" <SAC441@webtv.net> wrote in message news:21133-43232153-552@storefull-3252.bay.webtv.net...
    > Jack Ak said:
    > ----" "Newbies" or most people,don't read documentation.They ask
    > questions in a newsgroup that have answers in the user's guides."----
    >
    > Reply:
    > I have the ORIGINAL documentation with my DirecTV/DVR,and no where
    > (including the owner's manual) does it give any references to scheduling
    > order with respect to isolated occurrences that may crop up with Season
    > Passes.The manual has BASIC general information only,and has little if
    > any technical information about software performance specifics.

    "... technical information about software performance specifics" ???
    What does that mean?

    The following words in my Philips DirecTV DVR User's Guide explain
    the situation which started this thread.

    Managing Your Season Pass recordings...

    "Resolving Conflicts" If a conflict occurs when you're setting up a new repeating
    recording, you'll be shown which programs are involved. You'll also be given options to
    resolve the conflict:

    * Record the program you just requested and cancel one of the already scheduled
    programs. This gives the repeating recording the highest priority.

    * Record only those programs that do not conflict with others previously scheduled to
    record. This gives the new repeating recording the lowest priority.

    "It's in the book"... quod erat demonstrandum

    Mike Hunt <in2sheep@yahoo.com> wrote in

    > On 2005-09-10, Seth <seth_lermanNOSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote:
    >> "Surfer" <wateriswet@ocean.sez> wrote in message
    >>> Hughes SD-DVR80 - Software Version 6.2-01-2-351
    >>>
    >>> When adding a new season pass, most of the time it adds it to bottom
    >>> of Season Pass Manager list.
    >>>
    >>> Every now and then I add a season pass and when I go to Season Pass
    >>> Manager, the new season pass is listed in #1 position.
    >>>
    >>> Anyone else notice this happen? Are there any specific conditions
    >>> for Tivo to choose to put it at #1 position instead of the bottom?
    >>>
    >>> Not really a big deal, but just odd it does this on occasion.
    >>
    >> I've noticed that making a Season Pass (SP) that does /not/ cause a
    >> conflict goes to the bottom. If I create an SP that causes a
    >> conflict, and choose to record the new SP over the old, it gets added
    >> above the one it conflicted with. Never noticed it going to the top
    >> or directly above the older SP cause I didn't pay that much
    >> attention.
    >
    > Yeah, it'll go to the bottom if no conflicts and to the top if there
    > is a conflict. Just the way it works.

    Not exactly. It goes to the top only if you resolve the coflict by telling
    it to "get all episodes" and cancel the previous scheduled recordings.
    However, it will still go to the bottom if you resolve the conflict by NOT
    getting all episodes of the new SP - allowing previous scheduled recordings
    to take priorety.

    It only makes sense that if you choose to "get all episodes" when there are
    conflicts, that it is placed at the top in the SPM.

Ptv Tivo Tivo Video Software