Connection with Tivo Series II

I have a home network and I bought a Netgear 54MB wireless adapter so I
could transfer my recordings on the Tivo II to my wife's desktop PC. (she
is disabled and we have a special setup for her). But after buying the
Tivo, there only documentation refers to transfering the recordings to
another Tivo, but not a PC!

How can I transfer the recordings to her PC so she can watch the recordings
on her PC which is her only available video other than antenna based TV in
her bedroom. Seems like this should be easy, but while I am technically OK,
I cannot seem to figure this out. Also, I bought the Netgear 54MB wireless
ethernet adapter from Tivo and asked for the update to the software they say
is required, have the adapter, no software and the adapter does nothing to
the Tivo when I connect it?

Sorry for the generaly rants and raves, but I have a disabled wife and I
want to help her out. Anybody out there who has done this and can help me
will be greatly appreciated in our household.

Mike
2 answers Last reply
More about connection tivo series

    Go to the TiVo web site, and lookup TivoToGo, and get yourself the Tivo
    Desktop 2.2 software. I'd refer you to the exact web page, but I'm
    having trouble loading the site this moment. This will get you where you
    need to be. The printed docs are a bit dated now.

    - Jerry

    "Michael" <amferris@bellsouth.net> shaped the electrons to say:
    >How can I transfer the recordings to her PC so she can watch the recordings
    >on her PC which is her only available video other than antenna based TV in

    You need TiVo Desktop on the PC, and then you use TiVoToGo to transfer
    the recordings.

    >I cannot seem to figure this out. Also, I bought the Netgear 54MB wireless
    >ethernet adapter from Tivo and asked for the update to the software they say
    >is required, have the adapter, no software and the adapter does nothing to
    >the Tivo when I connect it?

    What software is currently on the TiVo? And how is it calling home
    now, phone?

    -MZ
    "A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men" 508-852-2171
    <URL:http://www.megazone.org/> <URL:http://www.eyrie-productions.com/> Eris

Ptv Tivo Tivo Netgear Video Wireless Adapter