RTV2003 dial up fails

I have a RTV2003 that has not connected to the replaytv serves since late
1998. There is no listing of phone numbers to dial but I am able to input
various local as well as the replaytv 800 number in the dialing prefix and
it will dial and connect but then I get a "unrecognized zipcode" message.
This was likely a prototype unit, so I don't expect anyone to be able to
help me. I tried reimaging, but the 20xx images on the web don't work at
all.
6 answers Last reply
More about rtv2003 dial fails

    On Tue, 06 Sep 2005 03:00:19 GMT, "pev" <pev@pev.com> wrote:

    >I have a RTV2003 that has not connected to the replaytv serves since late
    >1998. There is no listing of phone numbers to dial but I am able to input
    >various local as well as the replaytv 800 number in the dialing prefix and
    >it will dial and connect but then I get a "unrecognized zipcode" message.

    Do you get that message with any ZIP code you try?

    > This was likely a prototype unit, so I don't expect anyone to be able to
    >help me. I tried reimaging, but the 20xx images on the web don't work at
    >all.

    The 2003 is an older model. There's probably some differences between
    those and the later models (like 2020). Maybe that has something to do
    with the firewire port (not in later models). Can you get an image
    specifically for such an older Replay?

    BTW, I ordered one of those, but they subsisted (one of the new) model
    2020.

    Mark Lloyd
    has a Replay 5xxx
    http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

    still fall for that scam."

    On Tue, 06 Sep 2005 09:33:06 -0500, Mark Lloyd
    <mlloyd@5xxxmail.com5xxx> wrote:

    >On Tue, 06 Sep 2005 03:00:19 GMT, "pev" <pev@pev.com> wrote:
    >
    >>I have a RTV2003 that has not connected to the replaytv serves since late
    >>1998. There is no listing of phone numbers to dial but I am able to input
    >>various local as well as the replaytv 800 number in the dialing prefix and
    >>it will dial and connect but then I get a "unrecognized zipcode" message.
    >
    >Do you get that message with any ZIP code you try?
    >
    >> This was likely a prototype unit, so I don't expect anyone to be able to
    >>help me. I tried reimaging, but the 20xx images on the web don't work at
    >>all.
    >>

    >The 2003 is an older model. There's probably some differences between
    >those and the later models (like 2020). Maybe that has something to do
    >with the firewire port (not in later models). Can you get an image
    >specifically for such an older Replay?
    >
    >BTW, I ordered one of those, but they subsisted

    Spell checker F-up above. I wrote "substituted". I catch most of
    those.

    > (one of the new) model
    >2020.

    Mark Lloyd
    has a Replay 5xxx
    http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

    still fall for that scam."

    sounds like you are running software version 2.0 or earlier which can not
    connect to current replaytv servers. Since this is a Replaytv model 2003,
    your only alternative is to upgrade both the EPROM chip programming and the
    operating system. I can help you with both for $65.00 Please email me if
    interested. See
    http://archive2.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=204749

    "Mark Lloyd" <mlloyd@5xxxmail.com5xxx> wrote in message

    >>BTW, I ordered one of those, but they subsisted
    >
    > Spell checker F-up above. I wrote "substituted". I catch most of
    > those.

    You wrote nothing. You typed subsisted. You meant to type substituted.
    Spell checker did it's job correctly.

    On Sat, 10 Sep 2005 23:54:37 -0500, "Zardaz" <wizoz@emrldcty.com>
    wrote:

    >"Mark Lloyd" <mlloyd@5xxxmail.com5xxx> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>>BTW, I ordered one of those, but they subsisted
    >>
    >> Spell checker F-up above. I wrote "substituted". I catch most of
    >> those.
    >>
    >You wrote nothing. You typed subsisted. You meant to type substituted.
    >Spell checker did it's job correctly.

    Of course, you have no idea what the poster typed.

    People say you're a troll. You continue to confirm it.

    Oh, stop feeding the troll. He was gone for a while, now he's back. Just
    ignore Lardass, er, Zardaz.

    Margaret

    "Jim" <j@b.k> wrote in message
    > On Sat, 10 Sep 2005 23:54:37 -0500, "Zardaz" <wizoz@emrldcty.com>
    > wrote:
    >

    >>"Mark Lloyd" <mlloyd@5xxxmail.com5xxx> wrote in message

    >>> Spell checker F-up above. I wrote "substituted". I catch most of
    >>> those.
    >>>
    >>You wrote nothing. You typed subsisted. You meant to type substituted.
    >>Spell checker did it's job correctly.
    >>

    > Of course, you have no idea what the poster typed.
    >
    > People say you're a troll. You continue to confirm it.

Ptv Replaytv Dial Up Connection ReplayTV