Filter guide by "NOT Paid Programming"?

I see that it's easy to filter the guide to show only movies, only
sports, and so on. Is there a way to show all shows EXCEPT those
described as "Paid Programming"? On a weekend morning it seems like 75%
of the shows on my Comcast digital cable are infomercials.

I tinkered with excluding infomercials in a category (genre) Wishlist,
but to my surprise commercial programming is not listed as a genre. It's
a HUGE category of programming, yet I didn't see it in TiVo's list of
categories.

Thanks.
4 answers Last reply
More about filter guide paid programming

    In article <mNGUe.2279$JN5.1530@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com>,
    Johnson-Sanders <john-san@pacbell.net> wrote:

    > I see that it's easy to filter the guide to show only movies, only
    > sports, and so on. Is there a way to show all shows EXCEPT those
    > described as "Paid Programming"? On a weekend morning it seems like 75%
    > of the shows on my Comcast digital cable are infomercials.
    >
    > I tinkered with excluding infomercials in a category (genre) Wishlist,
    > but to my surprise commercial programming is not listed as a genre. It's
    > a HUGE category of programming, yet I didn't see it in TiVo's list of
    > categories.
    >
    > Thanks.

    Yes, Filter out PPV channels (99-199) from your favorites and view
    Favorite channels.

    Jack Zwick <jackzwick@yahoo.com> wrote in news:jackzwick-
    C395E6.16400210092005@newsclstr02.news.prodigy.com:

    > In article <mNGUe.2279$JN5.1530@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com>,
    > Johnson-Sanders <john-san@pacbell.net> wrote:
    >
    >> I see that it's easy to filter the guide to show only movies, only
    >> sports, and so on. Is there a way to show all shows EXCEPT those
    >> described as "Paid Programming"? On a weekend morning it seems like 75%
    >> of the shows on my Comcast digital cable are infomercials.
    >>
    >> I tinkered with excluding infomercials in a category (genre) Wishlist,
    >> but to my surprise commercial programming is not listed as a genre. It's
    >> a HUGE category of programming, yet I didn't see it in TiVo's list of
    >> categories.
    >>
    >> Thanks.
    >
    > Yes, Filter out PPV channels (99-199) from your favorites and view
    > Favorite channels.

    Swing and a miss.

    Jack Zwick wrote:
    > In article <mNGUe.2279$JN5.1530@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com>,
    > Johnson-Sanders <john-san@pacbell.net> wrote:
    >>Is there a way to show all shows EXCEPT those
    >>described as "Paid Programming"?
    >
    > Yes, Filter out PPV channels (99-199) from your favorites and view
    > Favorite channels.

    "Paid Programming", aka "infomercials", are *NEVER* shown on PPV
    channels, to that bit of advice is completely useless.
    -Joe

    In article <M-GdnZ2dnZ3F8ZvznZ2dnetmvt6dnZ2dRVn-052dnZ0@comcast.com>,
    Joe Smith <joe@inwap.com> wrote:

    > Jack Zwick wrote:
    > > In article <mNGUe.2279$JN5.1530@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com>,
    > > Johnson-Sanders <john-san@pacbell.net> wrote:
    > >>Is there a way to show all shows EXCEPT those
    > >>described as "Paid Programming"?
    > >
    > > Yes, Filter out PPV channels (99-199) from your favorites and view
    > > Favorite channels.
    >
    > "Paid Programming", aka "infomercials", are *NEVER* shown on PPV
    > channels, to that bit of advice is completely useless.
    > -Joe

    I think "paid programming" was misinterpreted by the responder as PPV.

    I long ago gave a Suggested infomercial three thumbs down and haven't
    been bothered since. I don't see how you can keep them out of the
    general listings.

Ptv Tivo Filter Tivo Programming