MCA Disco-Vision Player For Sale and Laser Discs

7 answers Last reply
More about mca disco vision player sale laser discs

    Never before have I spent so long looking through the 'View seller's
    other items' list....

    I enjoyed that.......

    Back to the topic, the Discovision player, yeah, thats nice as well ;o)

    lunarjetman1970
    http://stores.ebay.co.uk/LunarJetmans-Laserdiscs
    http://profiles.yahoo.com/gough_monster

    LunarJetman1970 wrote:
    > Never before have I spent so long looking through the 'View seller's
    > other items' list....
    >
    > I enjoyed that.......

    LOL!

    I remember an eBay seller who used an attractive woman in a black
    swimsuit to "model" his merchandise. By way of comparison, Rawk Gurl
    is relatively inhibited. :-)

    -Junior

    look at those page hits... Somehow don't think its the items for
    sale that are getting that much interest.

    Very enjoyable...

    On 16 Aug 2005 13:57:05 -0700, "LunarJetman1970"
    <gelboy_goughie@hotmail.com> wrote:

    >Never before have I spent so long looking through the 'View seller's
    >other items' list....
    >
    >I enjoyed that.......
    >
    >Back to the topic, the Discovision player, yeah, thats nice as well ;o)

    >lunarjetman1970
    >http://stores.ebay.co.uk/LunarJetmans-Laserdiscs
    >http://profiles.yahoo.com/gough_monster

    On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 20:11:29 -0400, Nitehawk^
    <nighthawk_68@hotmail.com> wrote:

    >look at those page hits... Somehow don't think its the items for
    >sale that are getting that much interest.
    >
    >Very enjoyable...

    Regardless of how the items are presented this is rare stuff,
    particularly that player, of which probably far less than 100 were
    made. No wonder the bidders are all people with handles harking back
    to the early days of Lasers such as discovision1 and LD1100. I'd bid
    on the Ford discs myself if it weren't for the shipping restrictions.

    ... Steve ..

    >On 16 Aug 2005 13:57:05 -0700, "LunarJetman1970"
    ><gelboy_goughie@hotmail.com> wrote:
    >
    >>Never before have I spent so long looking through the 'View seller's
    >>other items' list....
    >>
    >>I enjoyed that.......
    >>
    >>Back to the topic, the Discovision player, yeah, thats nice as well ;o)

    >>lunarjetman1970
    >>http://stores.ebay.co.uk/LunarJetmans-Laserdiscs
    >>http://profiles.yahoo.com/gough_monster

    On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 23:17:13 -0400, "Steve(JazzHunter)"
    <jazzhunterNotHere@internet.com> wrote:

    >On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 20:11:29 -0400, Nitehawk^
    ><nighthawk_68@hotmail.com> wrote:
    >
    >>look at those page hits... Somehow don't think its the items for
    >>sale that are getting that much interest.
    >>
    >>Very enjoyable...
    >
    >Regardless of how the items are presented this is rare stuff,
    >particularly that player, of which probably far less than 100 were
    >made. No wonder the bidders are all people with handles harking back
    >to the early days of Lasers such as discovision1 and LD1100. I'd bid
    >on the Ford discs myself if it weren't for the shipping restrictions.
    >
    >.. Steve ..

    The Player is the PR-7820, which went through 3 editions during it's
    life. This is the "DiscoVision" model. There was also a Model 1 and
    Model 3 unit. Accross the three editions, there were well over 60,000
    of these built and sold. An excess of 30,000 were sold to GM dealers
    across North America for their training and promotional use. Another
    20,000 (or so) were shipped in "Dragon's Lair" arcade games from
    Cinematronics.

    Blaine
    blam1@oz.net
    http://www.blamld.com

    On Thu, 25 Aug 2005 19:20:49 -0700, Blaine Young <blam@oz.net> wrote:

    >On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 23:17:13 -0400, "Steve(JazzHunter)"
    ><jazzhunterNotHere@internet.com> wrote:
    >
    >>On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 20:11:29 -0400, Nitehawk^
    >><nighthawk_68@hotmail.com> wrote:
    >>
    >>>look at those page hits... Somehow don't think its the items for
    >>>sale that are getting that much interest.
    >>>
    >>>Very enjoyable...
    >>
    >>Regardless of how the items are presented this is rare stuff,
    >>particularly that player, of which probably far less than 100 were
    >>made. No wonder the bidders are all people with handles harking back
    >>to the early days of Lasers such as discovision1 and LD1100. I'd bid
    >>on the Ford discs myself if it weren't for the shipping restrictions.
    >>
    >>.. Steve ..
    >
    >The Player is the PR-7820, which went through 3 editions during it's
    >life. This is the "DiscoVision" model. There was also a Model 1 and
    >Model 3 unit. Accross the three editions, there were well over 60,000
    >of these built and sold. An excess of 30,000 were sold to GM dealers
    >across North America for their training and promotional use. Another
    >20,000 (or so) were shipped in "Dragon's Lair" arcade games from
    >Cinematronics.

    Ah sorry, I wasthinking it was a model referred to in a laserviews
    magazine article regarding "obscure" models. Automobile promotional
    discs were probably the single most succesful new concept introduced
    by Discovison. I guess you know about "dead sides" with these
    demonstration video being among the orphaned pressings playable after
    removing the coating? Also some sides of films never officially
    released by MCA have been found.

    ... Steve .

    >Blaine
    >blam1@oz.net
    >http://www.blamld.com

    Hey guys, I have a American Motors Disc that I came across that is
    ending today if anyone is interested, thanks!

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6430212749&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1

Laser Disc Players Video Ebay Product