FS: Atari 5200 Packaging Inserts (The foam guys that hold ..

$10 for both.

EMail me.
13 answers Last reply
More about atari 5200 packaging inserts foam guys hold

    you're kidding right?
  2. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.classic (More info?)

    The Space Boss wrote:
    > you're kidding right?

    If you think about it, these packaging inserts are pretty rare. First
    ask how many 5200 boxes survive. Then ask how many packaging inserts
    survive from the number of boxes that survived.

    It all boils down to supply and demand. I don't think $10 is too
    outrageous an asking price. Anything over might be getting into
    questionable territory, but again, supply and demand. It all depends on
    what someone is willing to pay.

    If it makes you feel any better, monies received go right back into
    classic game purchases for my collection. Well, did it make you feel better?

    That is all... <-- look a grammatical oxymoron!
  3. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.classic (More info?)

    The Space Boss wrote:
    > you're kidding right?

    Oh and perhaps I should have elobarated:
    These are soft foam (not styrofoam) glued on to cardboard. They are the
    original packing materials that came with a 5200 until. Each foam piece
    features a cutout in the shape of the side profile of a 5200 unit. They
    make a 5200 sandwich when capping each end of the console and keep it
    snug and cozy in its box.
  4. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.classic (More info?)

    "The Space Boss" <drsmith666@aol.com> wrote in

    > you're kidding right?

    Why are you such a freaking douchebag? Perhaps someone has a loose system
    in the original box. I'd pay upto $10 for the inserts for a few of my
    systems (2600, Inty, TI 99/4a). Some of my boxes are damn near mint but
    don't have the inserts, and it's cheaper than buying another CIB system
    hoping for the inserts.

    --
    ___
    Chuck Whitby - Founder

    Chuck Whitby wrote:
    > "The Space Boss" <drsmith666@aol.com> wrote in
    >

    >>you're kidding right?
    >>

    > Why are you such a freaking douchebag? Perhaps someone has a loose system
    > in the original box. I'd pay upto $10 for the inserts for a few of my
    > systems (2600, Inty, TI 99/4a). Some of my boxes are damn near mint but
    > don't have the inserts, and it's cheaper than buying another CIB system
    > hoping for the inserts.

    Chuck,

    I think you found his new I.D.
    DR SMITH
    BASS GUITAR GOD
    THE SPACE BOSS

    and now...

    FREAKING DOUCHEBAG

    or I recommend, FREAKING DOUCHEBAG 666
  6. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.classic (More info?)

    MrBiggles <mrbiggles909@yahoo.com> wrote in news:qP5Ue.13832$ct5.2154
    @fed1read04:

    > They
    > make a 5200 sandwich

    mmm.. sandwich...

    --

    Aaron J. Bossig

    http://www.GodsLabRat.com
    http://www.dvdverdict.com
  7. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.classic (More info?)

    > The Space Boss wrote:
    >> you're kidding right?
    >>

    > If you think about it, these packaging inserts are pretty rare. First
    > ask how many 5200 boxes survive. Then ask how many packaging inserts
    > survive from the number of boxes that survived.
    >
    > It all boils down to supply and demand. I don't think $10 is too
    > outrageous an asking price. Anything over might be getting into
    > questionable territory, but again, supply and demand. It all depends
    > on what someone is willing to pay.
    >
    > If it makes you feel any better, monies received go right back into
    > classic game purchases for my collection. Well, did it make you feel
    > better?
    >
    > That is all... <-- look a grammatical oxymoron!

    Yah know... I'm curious to know how much it would cost to make
    replacement styrofoam inserts... I'm sure a mold would have to be made
    for each system, it could get costly... but if you make a lot, I'd
    imagine there's definately a large market that would buy them.

    --
    ___
    Chuck Whitby - Founder

    > Yah know... I'm curious to know how much it would cost to make
    > replacement styrofoam inserts... I'm sure a mold would have to be made
    > for each system, it could get costly... but if you make a lot, I'd
    > imagine there's definately a large market that would buy them.

    Spoken like a true entrepreneur.

    Now take it to the next level... create replacement boxes for systems.
    Now *that* would be a market. I wonder what legal ramifications would
    exist... can one print and sell products that have brand names on them?
    Doubtful.
  9. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.classic (More info?)

    On Fri, 09 Sep 2005 02:30:57 GMT, Chuck Whitby
    <chuck@toomanygames.com> wrote:

    >Yah know... I'm curious to know how much it would cost to make
    >replacement styrofoam inserts... I'm sure a mold would have to be made
    >for each system, it could get costly... but if you make a lot, I'd
    >imagine there's definately a large market that would buy them.

    A large market?

    As The Space Boss would say:

    "you're kidding right"?
  10. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.classic (More info?)

    On Fri, 09 Sep 2005 11:18:48 -0700, MrBiggles <mrbiggles909@yahoo.com>
    wrote:

    >> Yah know... I'm curious to know how much it would cost to make
    >> replacement styrofoam inserts... I'm sure a mold would have to be made
    >> for each system, it could get costly... but if you make a lot, I'd
    >> imagine there's definately a large market that would buy them.
    >
    >Spoken like a true entrepreneur.
    >
    >Now take it to the next level... create replacement boxes for systems.
    >Now *that* would be a market. I wonder what legal ramifications would
    >exist... can one print and sell products that have brand names on them?
    >Doubtful.

    Better than just foam inserts, but I don't see any market in it at
    all. People collecting complete systems with boxes are going to be
    picky enough to want the real things. I save all mine right down to
    the plastic baggies, twist ties and silica packets. If it aint the
    real thing why bother?
    It'll be the same as a rare cartridge or prototype being worth a lot
    of money while you can't give away a repro copy.

    George
  11. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.classic (More info?)

    > Better than just foam inserts, but I don't see any market in it at
    > all. People collecting complete systems with boxes are going to be
    > picky enough to want the real things. I save all mine right down to
    > the plastic baggies, twist ties and silica packets. If it aint the
    > real thing why bother?
    > It'll be the same as a rare cartridge or prototype being worth a lot
    > of money while you can't give away a repro copy.

    I totally disagree. If it's done exactly the same, I think lots of
    people would jump at the chance, if nothing more than to have it serve
    as a 'filler' until they can get the real thing. I think much of the
    appeal would be in that it would display well (like on a shelf or
    whatever).

    And that brings me to another good idea... repro boxes for games. I have
    a wall dedicated to boxed NES games. I'm 100 boxes away from a complete
    collection. One of the boxes I need is Donkey Kong jr. Math. Would I pay
    $10 for a repro box for this game? Absolutely... and I wouldn't even
    bother trying to get the original, 'cause a box really isn't worth $100
    to me.
  12. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.classic (More info?)

    MrBiggles <mrbiggles909@yahoo.com> wrote in news:VppUe.14108$ct5.5945
    @fed1read04:

    > I totally disagree. If it's done exactly the same, I think lots of
    > people would jump at the chance, if nothing more than to have it serve
    > as a 'filler' until they can get the real thing. I think much of the
    > appeal would be in that it would display well (like on a shelf or
    > whatever).
    >
    > And that brings me to another good idea... repro boxes for games. I have
    > a wall dedicated to boxed NES games. I'm 100 boxes away from a complete
    > collection. One of the boxes I need is Donkey Kong jr. Math. Would I pay
    > $10 for a repro box for this game? Absolutely... and I wouldn't even
    > bother trying to get the original, 'cause a box really isn't worth $100
    > to me.

    This is exactly why I don't make a big deal over boxes... that's $10
    I could be spending on other games. The only cart system I actually
    collect boxes for is the Genesis, since the plastic game cases were
    actually functional.

    --

    Aaron J. Bossig

    http://www.GodsLabRat.com
    http://www.dvdverdict.com
  13. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.classic (More info?)

    On Fri, 09 Sep 2005 17:04:08 -0700, MrBiggles <mrbiggles909@yahoo.com>
    wrote:

    >> Better than just foam inserts, but I don't see any market in it at
    >> all. People collecting complete systems with boxes are going to be
    >> picky enough to want the real things. I save all mine right down to
    >> the plastic baggies, twist ties and silica packets. If it aint the
    >> real thing why bother?
    >> It'll be the same as a rare cartridge or prototype being worth a lot
    >> of money while you can't give away a repro copy.
    >
    >I totally disagree. If it's done exactly the same, I think lots of
    >people would jump at the chance, if nothing more than to have it serve
    >as a 'filler' until they can get the real thing. I think much of the
    >appeal would be in that it would display well (like on a shelf or
    >whatever).

    How big of a market do you see in this? The collecting community is
    nothing compared to what it was 10 years ago. Factor in the many
    people who don't collect boxes (yes, I save them on any new system I
    buy but when buying old used systems/games it doesn't mean much to
    me), add in those who do collect and will only want originals...just
    how many people are left?

    The Vectrex has the biggest homebrew market by far. Did the cost to
    reproduce the cartridge cases ever pay off? Iirc the cost of the
    molds were mind boggling....as in $4,000.00+
    How about the repro side art and CPO production for arcade games?
    These items are as valuable to game restoration as a fresh coat of
    correct paint is to a classic car and yet that whole repro business is
    cut throat and many small runs turn into a complete loss.

    Will the tooling, material, supplies, ink, labor ect. ever pay off on
    repro boxes, especially if you're going to get into individual games?

    George

Video Games Email Atari Classic