CLD-79 vs CLD-D704

I am looking at Ebay for an LD player and I am currently focusing on
Pioneer CLD-79 and CLD-D704. Which one should I buy?
I will use it EXCLUSIVELY for playing vintage Japanese anime but I also
want to have a good transfer of those anime to DVD Recorder at a later
time. I don't have home theater system. Only a 10 year old 20" Sony
Trinitron model KV20S30.

Please advise!
Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks!

Hendra
4 answers Last reply
More about cld cld d704

    <u1000393@email.sjsu.edu> wrote in message
    >I am looking at Ebay for an LD player and I am currently focusing on
    > Pioneer CLD-79 and CLD-D704. Which one should I buy?
    > I will use it EXCLUSIVELY for playing vintage Japanese anime but I
    > also
    > want to have a good transfer of those anime to DVD Recorder at a later
    > time. I don't have home theater system. Only a 10 year old 20" Sony
    > Trinitron model KV20S30.

    They're basically the same player. The 704 is usually found cheaper.

    The 704 has a little more on the audio section and also has more options
    on the front panel for navigation.More bang for the buck.I have a 79 and
    I am satisfied with it's performance.Hope this helps.

    I believe the 79 has a way better A to B transport.
    I have had both the 703 and 704 and they seem to break allot easier and take
    longer to flip sides.

    <u1000393@email.sjsu.edu> wrote in message
    >I am looking at Ebay for an LD player and I am currently focusing on
    > Pioneer CLD-79 and CLD-D704. Which one should I buy?
    > I will use it EXCLUSIVELY for playing vintage Japanese anime but I also
    > want to have a good transfer of those anime to DVD Recorder at a later
    > time. I don't have home theater system. Only a 10 year old 20" Sony
    > Trinitron model KV20S30.
    >
    > Please advise!
    > Any help would be appreciated!
    > Thanks!
    >
    > Hendra

    Same transport, in both. Something else is going on here.

    Kurtis

    "Jay Colen" <atc1101983@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >I believe the 79 has a way better A to B transport.
    > I have had both the 703 and 704 and they seem to break allot easier and
    > take longer to flip sides.
    >
    > <u1000393@email.sjsu.edu> wrote in message
    >>I am looking at Ebay for an LD player and I am currently focusing on
    >> Pioneer CLD-79 and CLD-D704. Which one should I buy?
    >> I will use it EXCLUSIVELY for playing vintage Japanese anime but I also
    >> want to have a good transfer of those anime to DVD Recorder at a later
    >> time. I don't have home theater system. Only a 10 year old 20" Sony
    >> Trinitron model KV20S30.
    >>
    >> Please advise!
    >> Any help would be appreciated!
    >> Thanks!