Flea markets- Don't they check condition? and wow look at ..

Greetings-

Did my usual stroll through a nearby fleamarket. I generally never find
anything to buy maybe random DVD or vhs horror stuff.

Side note: Not going to pay $5 a piece for RCA Videodiscs (I have learned
you need to actually pull out the disc and examine it many times they aren't
fit even for a frisbee). Needless to say I pulled out Zombie (nice art for
the wall) and it had a nice single gouge throughout the disc... Nice...
those things skip on a surface scratch.

Anyway Atari 2600 and lots of it....

They were toy into the Pez and misc toys... They had at least 150 games and
several systems. Ironicly I owned all the games they had man.... what are
the odds of that? (I own around 320 games)

I also noted they 'wrote' the price with marker on some of the games. Even
if you have no interest or minimal common sense one would think umm thats
probably not a good idea? I dunno maybe it was done by previous seller on
some of them? Nothing unbelievably obscure but that is still the second time
i seen a good stack of games this summer.

Hmm that 3D religious framed clock was pretty neat though (like the old 3D
postcards)

Erik
9 answers Last reply
More about flea markets check condition wow

    VastFear wrote:
    > Greetings-
    >
    > Did my usual stroll through a nearby fleamarket. I generally never find
    > anything to buy maybe random DVD or vhs horror stuff.
    >
    > Side note: Not going to pay $5 a piece for RCA Videodiscs (I have learned
    > you need to actually pull out the disc and examine it many times they aren't
    > fit even for a frisbee).

    Laserdiscs? They were the precursor to DVD.
  2. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.classic (More info?)

    VastFear wrote:

    > Anyway Atari 2600 and lots of it....
    >
    > They were toy into the Pez and misc toys... They had at least 150 games and
    > several systems. Ironicly I owned all the games they had man.... what are
    > the odds of that? (I own around 320 games)

    Do you carry you list around with you? If not, then you must have
    completed Keven Trudeau's "Mega Memory" course because I don't know
    about anybody else here, but I couldn't memorize 320 games. I bet
    chances are you passed some games by that you THOUGHT you had but
    didn't.

    You've all seen my game collection. Between the Atari, Coleco, NES,
    Super NES, Genesis, Nintendo 64, etc., not to mention all the disc
    based playstation and up, it would be impossible for me to ever know
    what I have or what I don't.

    I have huge lists that I sometimes carry with me. If not, and I'm in
    doubt, I buy the cartridge. Last time I bought 3 games and lucked out:
    I didn't have any of them. I passed up BREAKOUT because I thought I had
    it a while back. Turns out I did NOT.
  3. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.classic (More info?)

    "The Space Boss" <drsmith666@aol.com> wrote in message

    > VastFear wrote:
    >

    >> Anyway Atari 2600 and lots of it....
    >>
    >> They were toy into the Pez and misc toys... They had at least 150 games
    >> and
    >> several systems. Ironicly I owned all the games they had man.... what are
    >> the odds of that? (I own around 320 games)
    >
    > Do you carry you list around with you? If not, then you must have
    > completed Keven Trudeau's "Mega Memory" course because I don't know
    > about anybody else here, but I couldn't memorize 320 games. I bet
    > chances are you passed some games by that you THOUGHT you had but
    > didn't.

    I got really tired of buying games I already had. Pickings are so slim
    anyway, but I hate buying extra copies of stuff. On a thrift run a few
    months ago I picked up an older HandSpring Visor PDA for $10 complete with
    box. I found a nice free open source database program for it, and put all
    my games on it.

    Now I just take the PDA with me when I'm out hitting garage sales. Much
    better then my old lists that I would leave in the car anyway. Comes in
    handy for my record and 8-track collections too. Older PDAs are showing up
    more and more for cheap, and they are neat little tools (plus they play
    games). My wife got a color Palm III at a garage sale with a bunch of
    extras for $15.

    Aaron
  4. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.classic (More info?)

    "Aaron R. Schnuth" <schnuth@DONT.buckeye-express.SPAM.com.ME> wrote in

    > "The Space Boss" <drsmith666@aol.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >> VastFear wrote:
    >>

    >>> Anyway Atari 2600 and lots of it....
    >>>
    >>> They were toy into the Pez and misc toys... They had at least 150
    >>> games and
    >>> several systems. Ironicly I owned all the games they had man....
    >>> what are the odds of that? (I own around 320 games)
    >>
    >> Do you carry you list around with you? If not, then you must have
    >> completed Keven Trudeau's "Mega Memory" course because I don't know
    >> about anybody else here, but I couldn't memorize 320 games. I bet
    >> chances are you passed some games by that you THOUGHT you had but
    >> didn't.
    >
    > I got really tired of buying games I already had. Pickings are so
    > slim
    > anyway, but I hate buying extra copies of stuff. On a thrift run a
    > few months ago I picked up an older HandSpring Visor PDA for $10
    > complete with box. I found a nice free open source database program
    > for it, and put all my games on it.
    >
    > Now I just take the PDA with me when I'm out hitting garage sales.
    > Much
    > better then my old lists that I would leave in the car anyway. Comes
    > in handy for my record and 8-track collections too. Older PDAs are
    > showing up more and more for cheap, and they are neat little tools
    > (plus they play games). My wife got a color Palm III at a garage sale
    > with a bunch of extras for $15.
    >
    > Aaron

    It's a shame that Handspring stopped producing Visor products. The
    Springboard expansion slot is what made me buy one over a Palm, hands
    down.

    Handspring ventured into the smartphone business with the Treo before
    being bought back by Palm. Now Palm produces the Treo, nifty phone,
    overpriced tho'.

    --
    ___
    Chuck Whitby - Founder

    In article <w8-dnV2NGaWFsYfeRVn-gw@csinet.net>,
    "VastFear" <vastfear@csinet.net> wrote:

    > I also noted they 'wrote' the price with marker on some of the games. Even
    > if you have no interest or minimal common sense one would think umm thats
    > probably not a good idea? I dunno maybe it was done by previous seller on
    > some of them?

    Maybe they - at some point - went through a not-so-Goodwill. For a
    time, most if not all Goodwill's were pricing games with permanent ink
    markers (as well as anything non-clothing, and with everything they were
    putting the prices in bad places). Some still do I think, though
    locally they've gone to putting 8-14 price stickers on everything. At
    least the stickers can be removed without permanent damage most the time.

    jt
  6. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.classic (More info?)

    "The Space Boss" <drsmith666@aol.com> wrote in message

    > Do you carry you list around with you? If not, then you must have
    > completed Keven Trudeau's "Mega Memory" course because I don't know
    > about anybody else here, but I couldn't memorize 320 games. I bet
    > chances are you passed some games by that you THOUGHT you had but
    > didn't.
    >
    > You've all seen my game collection. Between the Atari, Coleco, NES,
    > Super NES, Genesis, Nintendo 64, etc., not to mention all the disc
    > based playstation and up, it would be impossible for me to ever know
    > what I have or what I don't.
    >
    > I have huge lists that I sometimes carry with me. If not, and I'm in
    > doubt, I buy the cartridge. Last time I bought 3 games and lucked out:
    > I didn't have any of them. I passed up BREAKOUT because I thought I had
    > it a while back. Turns out I did NOT.

    It's easier for me to memorize the games I don't have than those I do.
    Actually, though, it's just recognizing games I haven't seen before. When in
    doubt, buy it.

    Dane.
  7. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.classic (More info?)

    I am about 99% certain when I see Atari 2600 games if I have them or not.
    That is my main interest so seem to retain it more. If I missed something
    then it was probably an Atari released 'common'.

    Back in the disk trading days using my Tandy Color Computer. I could look at
    someones list of games and tell you if I had it or not... maybe its OCD?

    The other systems I may not be so sure on but I tend to go for the 'lot'
    deals. I can generally tell just by the artwork most of time if I have it or
    not. It still could be an OCD thing though!

    Erik

    "The Space Boss" <drsmith666@aol.com> wrote in message

    > VastFear wrote:
    >

    >> Anyway Atari 2600 and lots of it....
    >>
    >> They were toy into the Pez and misc toys... They had at least 150 games
    >> and
    >> several systems. Ironicly I owned all the games they had man.... what are
    >> the odds of that? (I own around 320 games)
    >
    > Do you carry you list around with you? If not, then you must have
    > completed Keven Trudeau's "Mega Memory" course because I don't know
    > about anybody else here, but I couldn't memorize 320 games. I bet
    > chances are you passed some games by that you THOUGHT you had but
    > didn't.
    >
    > You've all seen my game collection. Between the Atari, Coleco, NES,
    > Super NES, Genesis, Nintendo 64, etc., not to mention all the disc
    > based playstation and up, it would be impossible for me to ever know
    > what I have or what I don't.
    >
    > I have huge lists that I sometimes carry with me. If not, and I'm in
    > doubt, I buy the cartridge. Last time I bought 3 games and lucked out:
    > I didn't have any of them. I passed up BREAKOUT because I thought I had
    > it a while back. Turns out I did NOT.

  8. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.classic (More info?)

    Do the older PDAs run Microsoft products like Access? That is what I have my
    database in.

    Working on a website for it now. Will setup an Admin backdoor so I can
    add/remove/change info online...

    > I got really tired of buying games I already had. Pickings are so slim
    > anyway, but I hate buying extra copies of stuff. On a thrift run a few
    > months ago I picked up an older HandSpring Visor PDA for $10 complete with
    > box. I found a nice free open source database program for it, and put all
    > my games on it.
    >
    > Now I just take the PDA with me when I'm out hitting garage sales.

  9. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.classic (More info?)

    At least Goodwill doesn't use an entire roll of box tape on everything like
    they used to...

    "jt august" <starsabre@att.net> wrote in message
    > In article <w8-dnV2NGaWFsYfeRVn-gw@csinet.net>,
    > "VastFear" <vastfear@csinet.net> wrote:
    >
    >> I also noted they 'wrote' the price with marker on some of the games.
    >> Even
    >> if you have no interest or minimal common sense one would think umm thats
    >> probably not a good idea? I dunno maybe it was done by previous seller on
    >> some of them?
    >
    > Maybe they - at some point - went through a not-so-Goodwill. For a
    > time, most if not all Goodwill's were pricing games with permanent ink
    > markers (as well as anything non-clothing, and with everything they were
    > putting the prices in bad places). Some still do I think, though
    > locally they've gone to putting 8-14 price stickers on everything. At
    > least the stickers can be removed without permanent damage most the time.
    >
    > jt

Games World Of Warcraft