Asus Radeon R7 250 Problem

kisukedeath

Reputable
Jul 25, 2014
I currently have an Asus Radeon R7 250 (1Gb DDR5), this one: http://www.asus.com/Graphics_Cards/R72501GD5/

After the install, nothing displays on my monitor. I have a 750 watt power supply (Cooler Master GX 750 watts), my motherboard is an Intel DB75EN this one:
http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/motherboards/desktop-motherboards/desktop-board-db75en.html

I tryed configuring the BIOS and setting BIOS back to default but nothing work :??:

This is the system configuration I used:
Motherboard Intel DB75EN
Processor: Core I3 -2100 3.1GHz
Memory: 8 gb Kingston 1333 Mhz
Hard Drive: Seagate 500 GB 7200 rpm
Windows 7 64-bit

Does anyone have any answers on why my new Graphic card doesn't work?
P.S When I connect to the VGA from the graphic card nothing displays on my monitor just the led light flashes and the keyboard looks like is death because there is no light on

kisukedeath

Reputable
Jul 25, 2014

I tryed my graphic card on this computer:

Intel core i5 4670
8 de ram
motherboard gigabyte z87
Cooler Master GX 750 watts

and it works good so the graphic card is ok. What could be the problem ? :(

I was reading my mainboard manual and I think maybe could be this but I'm not sure:

Intel Desktop Board DB75EN Technical Product Specification
1.3.1.2 PCI Express x16 Graphics
3rd generation Intel Core processor family processors support PCI Express 3.0, 2.x,
and 1.x and 2nd generation Intel Core processor family processors support PCI
Express 2.x and 1.x:

• PCI Express 3.0 with a raw bit rate of 8.0 GT/s results in an effective bandwidth of
1 GB/s each direction per lane. The maximum theoretical bandwidth of the x16
interface is 16 GB/s in each direction, simultaneously, for a total bandwidth of
32 GB/s.
• PCI Express 2.x with a raw bit rate of 5.0 GT/s results in an effective bandwidth of
500 MB/s each direction per lane. The maximum theoretical bandwidth of the x16
interface is 8 GB/s in each direction, simultaneously, for a total bandwidth of
16 GB/s.
• PCI Express 1.x with a raw bit rate of 2.5 GT/s results in an effective bandwidth of
250 MB/s each direction per lane. The maximum theoretical bandwidth of the x16
interface is 4 GB/s in each direction, simultaneously, for a total bandwidth of
8 GB/s.

http://awesomescreenshot.com/01237q06bd

So I think as I have a 2nd generation processor maybe Im not getting PCI Express 3.0 just 2.0 & 1.0 but I don't know if this is the problem. What do you think ? :??:

Gaidax

Distinguished
Should not matter, go find a CMOS battery on your motherboard, take it out for 5 mins, then stick it back in and try to boot.

Maybe SOME BIOS setting messes with you, so just reset it this way and see if it helps.

Also, does your computer manage to boot with iGPU from I3? Try that too if that battery trick is not working.

kisukedeath

Reputable
Jul 25, 2014

I'll try that in a couple of hours and post results.

Thank you.

kisukedeath

Reputable
Jul 25, 2014

Hey I tryed taking out the battery but nothing happened. Fortunately now is working T_T I updated the bios using the .bios at the boot time (f7) instead using the .exe and now it works. Thank you for your help!! :bounce:

TRENDING THREADS