HELP - getting no picture with 8 month old tivo

I can get the Tivo menus and watch recorded programs, but when I go to
Live TV, I get nothing. The cable is working because I have it also
going into another input on my TV and it workd fine there. Do I have
to restart Tivo? Will I need to connect to the phone if I do that?
because right now I have Tivo connected to wireless network.

Thanks SO much
Ron
4 answers Last reply
More about picture month tivo

    Have you tried
    http://customersupport.tivo.com/knowbase/root/public/tv1022.htm?

    Tom

    On 4 Sep 2005 11:50:02 -0500, CoyoteRon <CoyoteRon@yahoo.com> wrote:

    >I can get the Tivo menus and watch recorded programs, but when I go to
    >Live TV, I get nothing. The cable is working because I have it also
    >going into another input on my TV and it workd fine there. Do I have
    >to restart Tivo? Will I need to connect to the phone if I do that?
    >because right now I have Tivo connected to wireless network.
    >
    >Thanks SO much
    >Ron
    Guess it had to do with Tivo installing 7.02. I restarted the system
    and everything is fine now. Missed several shows from Friday though.

    In article <j59mh1plndho69pieo8e0hcp3fscgsdvhu@4ax.com>,
    CoyoteRon <CoyoteRon@yahoo.com> wrote:

    > I can get the Tivo menus and watch recorded programs, but when I go to
    > Live TV, I get nothing. The cable is working because I have it also
    > going into another input on my TV and it workd fine there. Do I have
    > to restart Tivo? Will I need to connect to the phone if I do that?
    > because right now I have Tivo connected to wireless network.

    Go into setup and confirm you're receiving a signal from satellite.
    Maybe a wire went south.

    CoyoteRon wrote:
    > Do I have to restart Tivo?

    I know that CoyoteRon has gotten past this problem, so here is some
    advice for others that may come across a similar problem. One of the
    first steps in debugging problems is to restart your TiVo. Don't
    post to the newsgroup; just do it.

    > Will I need to connect to the phone if I do that?

    Restarting is not the same as erasing _everything_, so the answer is no.

    1) Messages & Setup -> System Reset -> Restart the Recorder
    2) Unplug the power cord, wait 30 seconds, plug it back in.
    [Try both of those before calling Tech Support.]

    3) Messages & Setup -> System Reset -> Repeat Guided Setup
    [This may take tens of minutes or hours; do it only if the
    first two steps don't work.]

    4) Messages & Setup -> System Reset -> Clear and delete everything.
    [Only as a last resort.]

Ptv Tivo Tivo TV Wireless Network