What is new in Tivo 7.2 and Desktop 2.2

I was upgraded to tivo 7.2 and have installed and configured desktop
2.2. What are the new features over the oder versions??

I've searched the group and scanned the recent posts, but haven't come
across anything specific.

Thanks, rw
12 answers Last reply
More about tivo desktop

    rw wrote:
    > I was upgraded to tivo 7.2 and have installed and configured desktop
    > 2.2. What are the new features over the oder versions??
    >
    > I've searched the group and scanned the recent posts, but haven't come
    > across anything specific.
    >
    > Thanks, rw

    Probably the biggest thing is that you can send .tivo files and your
    own mpeg-2 files back *to* your Tivo, i.e. you can now download *and*
    upload.

    Randy S.

    rw wrote:
    > I was upgraded to tivo 7.2 and have installed and configured desktop
    > 2.2. What are the new features over the oder versions??
    >
    > I've searched the group and scanned the recent posts, but haven't come
    > across anything specific.
    >
    > Thanks, rw

    All I've noticed is that when you transfer from one TiVo to another,
    the icon becomes blue instead of being indistinguised from the red
    recording icon.

    Oh, and Mac users are still screwed, GRRRRR!

    Howard wrote:
    > "Mr Ed Of Course" <macslut@yahoo.com> wrote in news:1125354165.398869.237170
    > @g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:
    >
    > > Oh, and Mac users are still screwed, GRRRRR!
    >
    > You makes your choices, you lives with the consequences.
    >
    > Mac owners are just whinier about it.

    Yep, unfortunately for TiVo as far as I'm concerned, I'm waaaaaaay more
    satisfied using EyeHome and my Mac than I am using TiVo and a PC.
    That's why I've started selling my TiVo units (I had 6 of them).

    On Sun, 28 Aug 2005 20:52:00 -0400, "Randy S." <rswitt@NOSPAM.com> wrote:

    > Probably the biggest thing is that you can send .tivo files and your
    > own mpeg-2 files back *to* your Tivo, i.e. you can now download *and*
    > upload.

    And here's how:
    http://customersupport.tivo.safeharbor.com/knowbase/root/public/tv251080.htm?
    --
    "It is more uplifting to find the beauty, wonder, spirituality, and
    reverence in what we can see, than to imagine they only exist in what we

    In article <Xns96C1B43CE2110stile@129.250.170.91>,
    Howard <stile99@email.com> wrote:

    > "Mr Ed Of Course" <macslut@yahoo.com> wrote in news:1125354165.398869.237170
    > @g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:
    >
    > > Oh, and Mac users are still screwed, GRRRRR!
    >
    > You makes your choices, you lives with the consequences.
    >
    > Mac owners are just whinier about it.

    I go with a virus and spyware free system over running my Tivo any day...

    We might me less whiny if Tivo had never supported Mac, rather than
    making the dumb-ass move of creating a Mac version, then upgrading it
    right before a MAJOR Mac OS release (which was available for months to
    developers) with which the upgrade was incompatible.

    I'm still scratching my head over that one............

    Do you have to uninstall the older Desktop, Before installing the new
    Desktop 2.2? Thanks, Pat

    Pat Conover wrote:
    > Do you have to uninstall the older Desktop, Before installing the new
    > Desktop 2.2? Thanks, Pat

    Yes, but I believe the 2.2 install process will do so automatically.
    Mine did at least.

    Randy S.

    Thanks Randy!

    Randy S. wrote:
    > rw wrote:
    >
    >> I was upgraded to tivo 7.2 and have installed and configured desktop
    >> 2.2. What are the new features over the oder versions??
    >>
    >> I've searched the group and scanned the recent posts, but haven't come
    >> across anything specific.
    >> Thanks, rw
    >>

    > Probably the biggest thing is that you can send .tivo files and your
    > own mpeg-2 files back *to* your Tivo, i.e. you can now download *and*
    > upload.
    >
    > Randy S.
    how do i send .tivo files back to tivo? i cant find that option:( i have
    desktop 2.2 and tivo update 7.2

    thanks

    http://customersupport.tivo.com/knowbase/root/public/tv251080.htm

    --