Removing Channels from Display

Is there a way to remove channels from displaying on the on-screen guide?
There are several I don't want to show up on the guide either because I
don't receive them or because I know they carry nothing I'll ever want to
see. Eliminating these from the on-screen guide will reduce the clutter.
Thanks.
11 answers Last reply
More about removing channels display

    "mad NATer" <Mr.X@nospam.com> wrote in message
    > Is there a way to remove channels from displaying on the on-screen guide?
    > There are several I don't want to show up on the guide either because I
    > don't receive them or because I know they carry nothing I'll ever want to
    > see. Eliminating these from the on-screen guide will reduce the clutter.
    > Thanks.

    Uncheck them from "Favorite channels".

    --
    Toni
    http://www.irish-wolfhounds.com

    "Toni" <Toni@nada.noway> wrote in message

    > "mad NATer" <Mr.X@nospam.com> wrote in message
    >> Is there a way to remove channels from displaying on the on-screen guide?
    >> There are several I don't want to show up on the guide either because I
    >> don't receive them or because I know they carry nothing I'll ever want to
    >> see. Eliminating these from the on-screen guide will reduce the clutter.
    >> Thanks.
    >>

    > Uncheck them from "Favorite channels".
    >

    > --
    > Toni

    I finally figured it out. I was correctly removing the channel from the
    Favorites and REceived lists, but I'd forgotten there was an option to pick
    which channels are displayed on the Guide screen. I had "All" selected.
    Chaning that to Received or Favorites did the trick.

    * mad NATer Wrote in alt.video.ptv.tivo:

    > Is there a way to remove channels from displaying on the on-screen
    > guide? There are several I don't want to show up on the guide
    > either because I don't receive them or because I know they carry
    > nothing I'll ever want to see. Eliminating these from the
    > on-screen guide will reduce the clutter. Thanks.

    Remove them from Channels I Recieve in the prefrences dialog.

    --
    David

    "SINNER" <arcade.master@googlemail.net> wrote in message
    >* mad NATer Wrote in alt.video.ptv.tivo:
    >
    >> Is there a way to remove channels from displaying on the on-screen
    >> guide? There are several I don't want to show up on the guide
    >> either because I don't receive them or because I know they carry
    >> nothing I'll ever want to see. Eliminating these from the
    >> on-screen guide will reduce the clutter. Thanks.
    >>

    > Remove them from Channels I Recieve in the prefrences dialog.
    >
    > --
    > David

    I must be doing something wrong but I've already removed them (ie unchecked
    them) in the Channels I Receive dialog and they still show up in the
    on-screen guide. Is there some trick to getting them to not show up?

    * mad NATer Wrote in alt.video.ptv.tivo:

    > "SINNER" <arcade.master@googlemail.net> wrote in message
    >>* mad NATer Wrote in alt.video.ptv.tivo:
    >>
    >>> Is there a way to remove channels from displaying on the
    >>> on-screen guide? There are several I don't want to show up on
    >>> the guide either because I don't receive them or because I know
    >>> they carry nothing I'll ever want to see. Eliminating these from
    >>> the on-screen guide will reduce the clutter. Thanks.
    >>>

    >> Remove them from Channels I Recieve in the prefrences dialog.
    >>
    >> --
    >> David
    >
    > I must be doing something wrong but I've already removed them (ie
    > unchecked them) in the Channels I Receive dialog and they still
    > show up in the on-screen guide. Is there some trick to getting
    > them to not show up?

    How about in your Favorite Channels?

    --
    David

    mad NATer wrote:
    > "Toni" <Toni@nada.noway> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "mad NATer" <Mr.X@nospam.com> wrote in message
    >>> Is there a way to remove channels from displaying on the on-screen guide?
    >>> There are several I don't want to show up on the guide either because I
    >>> don't receive them or because I know they carry nothing I'll ever want to
    >>> see. Eliminating these from the on-screen guide will reduce the clutter.
    >>> Thanks.
    >>>

    >> Uncheck them from "Favorite channels".
    >>

    >> --
    >> Toni
    >
    > I finally figured it out. I was correctly removing the channel from the
    > Favorites and REceived lists, but I'd forgotten there was an option to pick
    > which channels are displayed on the Guide screen. I had "All" selected.
    > Chaning that to Received or Favorites did the trick.

    Showing "Favorites" works best for me as DTV is always messing with the channels
    "Received".

    "DanR" <dhr22@sorrynospm.com> wrote in message

    > mad NATer wrote:
    >> "Toni" <Toni@nada.noway> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> "mad NATer" <Mr.X@nospam.com> wrote in message
    >>>>

    >>> Uncheck them from "Favorite channels".
    >>>

    >>> --
    >>> Toni
    >>
    >> I finally figured it out. I was correctly removing the channel from the
    >> Favorites and REceived lists, but I'd forgotten there was an option to
    >> pick
    >> which channels are displayed on the Guide screen. I had "All" selected.
    >> Chaning that to Received or Favorites did the trick.
    >
    > Showing "Favorites" works best for me as DTV is always messing with the
    > channels
    > "Received".

    What do you mean by DTV messes with channels recevied?

    * mad NATer wrote in alt.video.ptv.tivo:

    > What do you mean by DTV messes with channels recevied?

    You uncheck NFL, MLB NBA channels, and they recheck them. Other channels
    as well but those are the worst culprits, or at leat they were. I dont
    ever use Channels I Recv so I dont even now if they still do.

    --
    David
    Where do you go to get anorexia?

    What if you mark ALL the ones you like as 'favorites' then view the
    favorites-only mode?

    * Jerry Albro wrote in alt.video.ptv.tivo:
    > What if you mark ALL the ones you like as 'favorites' then view the
    > favorites-only mode?

    That is what has been suggested. It works fine.

    --
    David
    Atlanta makes it against the law to tie a giraffe to a telephone pole

    > What do you mean by DTV messes with channels recevied?

    Some channels 'come and go' over time. Also new channels emerge. These
    channels are automatically shown as well as added to the 'Channels I
    receive' list. Thus if you want to see only certain channels, without ever
    seeing new ones, you can use the 'Favorites' list. That way only channels
    marked as 'I receive' *AND* added to the 'Favorites' list will show up. The
    trick is to make sure you select the right set from the Guide settings. You
    can see All, I receive, or Favorites. I prefer to use just Favorites.

Ptv Tivo Tivo Video Displays