Network Applications/7.2 software

On the new 7.2 software, there is a new item, "Enable Network Applications."

Anyone know what a network application would be?

Also, it seems you can now download movies you put on PCs via Tivo2Go.
So, you can offload your recordings to a PC and reload them later. With
enough disk space, you can have like tons of stuff stored. That's a
pretty cool enhancement.

Also has 16x9 ability.
5 answers Last reply
More about network applications software

    http://galleon.sourceforge.net/ for one.

    >Also has 16x9 ability.

    AFAIK this does nothing on non-DVD TiVos.
    --
    Chris Adams <cmadams@hiwaay.net>

    Chris Adams wrote:
    > Once upon a time, Jon Nadelberg <news@nadelberg.com> said:
    >
    >>On the new 7.2 software, there is a new item, "Enable Network Applications."
    >>
    >>Anyone know what a network application would be?
    >

    > http://galleon.sourceforge.net/ for one.

    Says database error. I hope that's not the real app.

    >>Also has 16x9 ability.
    >

    > AFAIK this does nothing on non-DVD TiVos.

    Just tried it, doesn't seem to do anything.

    Jon Nadelberg wrote:
    > Chris Adams wrote:
    >
    >> Once upon a time, Jon Nadelberg <news@nadelberg.com> said:
    >>
    >>> On the new 7.2 software, there is a new item, "Enable Network
    >>> Applications."
    >>>
    >>> Anyone know what a network application would be?
    >>

    >> http://galleon.sourceforge.net/ for one.
    >>

    > Says database error. I hope that's not the real app.

    Works now and says
    Galleon is a free open source media server for TiVo® which allows you to
    enjoy many kinds of content and interactive applications right on your
    TV. The server runs on your home computer and organizes your media
    collection so that they can be viewed on your home network. Galleon also
    brings Internet content and applications to your TV.

    Ian Singer

    I am near Toronto Canada, can I tell where you are from your reply?

    "Jon Nadelberg" <news@nadelberg.com> wrote in message
    > Chris Adams wrote:
    >> Once upon a time, Jon Nadelberg <news@nadelberg.com> said:
    >>
    >>>Also has 16x9 ability.
    >>

    >> AFAIK this does nothing on non-DVD TiVos.
    >
    > Just tried it, doesn't seem to do anything.

    http://customersupport.tivo.com/knowbase/root/public/tv251080.htm

    Ken

    Ken Alverson wrote:
    > "Jon Nadelberg" <news@nadelberg.com> wrote in message
    >
    >>Chris Adams wrote:

    >>>AFAIK this does nothing on non-DVD TiVos.
    >>
    >>Just tried it, doesn't seem to do anything.
    >

    > http://customersupport.tivo.com/knowbase/root/public/tv251080.htm
    >
    > Ken

    ok, these look like they might be cool. Thanks guys.

Ptv Tivo Software