Sign in with
Your question

GFX Card and Onboard Video issues

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
July 26, 2014 11:14:59 AM

I have a Nvidia GTX 630 GFX Card, and it goes to my display, I have onboard HDMI and I would like it to go to my living room TV for streaming. I can only get one or the other to show, can I get both? TV would be secondary, and will the HDMI carry audio? Im so-so with this stuff, but this gui BIOS and all the glam of the asus gryphon Z87 MB has gotten me stumped, Thoughts?
a b Î Nvidia
July 26, 2014 11:17:24 AM

most motherboards disable the built in video when you put a card in. IT won't let you use both. The 630 doesn't have HDMI on it? What ports does it have?
July 26, 2014 9:47:03 PM

getochkn said:
most motherboards disable the built in video when you put a card in. IT won't let you use both. The 630 doesn't have HDMI on it? What ports does it have?

The 630 has 2 DVI and a smaller HDMI. Would an adapter of sorts work? would this type of HDMI port do audio as most? I am unsure of a card doing it. Some do some don't I guess. Thanks for your input, ide love to make this happen

Related resources
a b Î Nvidia
July 27, 2014 6:57:58 AM

are you sure it's a small hdmi and not a displayport
July 30, 2014 7:01:36 PM

getochkn said:
are you sure it's a small hdmi and not a displayport

Mini HDMI, I got an adapter and it shows now, but no sound yet. I am going to see if I can plug into the MB and hook to the Vid card for this. Thoughts or ideas are great too! Thanks for the input so far
September 11, 2014 10:10:53 AM

Still no luck. guess its a futile attempt. Sorry for the long time to reply
!