It's a Wonderful life questions

Hi,

I see that the film 'It's a Wonderful life' was released at least three
times on LaserDisc:
45th Aniversary - Republic Pictures
50th Aniversary - Republic Pictures
Special Edition - Criterion

Oddly eoungh the Criterion version is listed as Colour on the lddb (but
I guess that must be a mistake)

My question is, are these any better in picture and sound quality than
the DVD release which is really terrible, with sound dropouts and really
bad film damage.

I saw it on television a year or so ago and it looked much better than
the DVD.

Does anyone know anything about the LaserDisc versions?

Cheers!

--
Graham
1 answer Last reply

    I have the Criterion boxed set and it is nice but I have heard that the
    aniversery discs are better transfers. I also have the silver screen DVD.
    It´s been a long time since I watched the DVD but I can´t remember any
    dropouts.

    The Criterion set is in B&W but there are extras in colour. It also has a
    commentary track that is unavailable on the other versions.
    "Graham" <thedoctor@thedeathzone.free-online.co.uk> skrev i meddelandet
    > Hi,
    >
    > I see that the film 'It's a Wonderful life' was released at least three
    > times on LaserDisc:
    > 45th Aniversary - Republic Pictures
    > 50th Aniversary - Republic Pictures
    > Special Edition - Criterion
    >
    > Oddly eoungh the Criterion version is listed as Colour on the lddb (but
    > I guess that must be a mistake)
    >
    > My question is, are these any better in picture and sound quality than
    > the DVD release which is really terrible, with sound dropouts and really
    > bad film damage.
    >
    > I saw it on television a year or so ago and it looked much better than
    > the DVD.
    >
    > Does anyone know anything about the LaserDisc versions?
    >
    > Cheers!
    >
    > --
    > Graham

Laser Disc Players Video