music

When will someone or Replay themselves ever allow streaming music from
you desktop to the unit.

I mean, you can do this with that shitty tivo thing!!!
5 answers Last reply
More about music

    You can do it now if you like, however it's a bit tricky and you need to
    have the two units physically close or you need some special hardware
    (one or the other) The replay needs a video input, this can be any video
    input so long as it's the proper (NTSC) format or close to it There are
    many devices which can allow your computer to do this or better yet put
    a cheap (30 to fifty bucks) camera on your front door and use it's video
    output to feed the video 1 input on the replay.

    Feed the computer's audio (line out) to the audio line one inputs

    Job done (And as a bonus if you are listening live you can check to see
    who is at the door when the bell rings and if they are holding a copy of
    "Watchtower" or "Awake" not be home, and if you are recording as a
    bonus you can capture video of the kids egging your car as they drive by
    doing a drive by egging, or knocking over your mail box or ... Well you
    get the idea)

    --
    John F Davis, in Delightful Detroit. WA8YXM(at)arrl(dot)net
    "Nothing adds excitement like something that is none of your business"

    Yeah... that would be ok... but i'm looking for something like
    DVArchive that will allow the Replay to "see" my mac @ the other end of
    my home. Being that most people have their Replay's attached to a
    Surround System or their main stereo, it would make sense to have the
    replay control the mac or at least stream the music from it.

    I have two replays... one 5540 and one 5580.

    The 5580 is attached to my 55" with my DTS receiver... which is
    downstairs in my Media room.
    The 5540 is attached to my 36" with my older kenwood receiver (used for
    PS2 mostly). this is located on the second floor
    My iMac is located in the office which is at the other end of the house
    on the second floor....

    So you see where I'm going here.

    On Wed, 24 Aug 2005 06:01:06 -0400, scoob <scoob@cartoon.com> wrote:

    >Yeah... that would be ok... but i'm looking for something like
    >DVArchive that will allow the Replay to "see" my mac @ the other end of
    >my home. Being that most people have their Replay's attached to a
    >Surround System or their main stereo, it would make sense to have the
    >replay control the mac or at least stream the music from it.
    >
    >I have two replays... one 5540 and one 5580.
    >
    >The 5580 is attached to my 55" with my DTS receiver... which is
    >downstairs in my Media room.
    >The 5540 is attached to my 36" with my older kenwood receiver (used for
    >PS2 mostly). this is located on the second floor
    >My iMac is located in the office which is at the other end of the house
    >on the second floor....
    >
    >So you see where I'm going here.
    >

    >On 2005-08-23 11:49:11 -0400, John in Detroit <Blanked@sbcglobal.net> said:
    >
    >You can do it now if you like, however it's a bit tricky and you need
    >to have the two units physically close or you need some special
    >hardware (one or the other) The replay needs a video input, this can be
    >any video input so long as it's the proper (NTSC) format or close to it
    > There are many devices which can allow your computer to do this or
    >better yet put a cheap (30 to fifty bucks) camera on your front door
    >and use it's video output to feed the video 1 input on the replay.

    I paid about $30 for the camera in my front door. It's not connected
    to a Replay input, but to a modulator that puts the A/V on channel 74.
    I can then watch that on any TV in the house by tuning to channel 74
    (that's 1074 on the Replay, since it's got an input from DirecTV).

    The Replay itself is watchable on channel 70 on any TV. One more
    thing, I watch my bird feeder on channel 80.

    [snip]
    --
    Mark Lloyd
    has a Replay 5xxx

    still fall for that scam."

    The problem there is that DVArchive and the replays are not designed to
    stream live programming, Even video, the replays will not streem live
    from replay to replay, (though you can watch a show as it records on the
    replay it's recording on) once it's recorded, then it can stream unit
    to unit to DVarchive and back.

    You can do that with a recorded audio stream on the computer too, Just
    add a video componet (perhaps an Amiga bounching ball demo) so that
    there is video to carry the audio TV's usually want both, Though I
    think the Replay will blue screen w/o video input, I don't know if the
    audio will carry but a Television signal needs both components to work

    Use RTVtooles to make the stream plus video Replay compatable and DVA to
    stream it to the replay

    scoob wrote:
    > Yeah... that would be ok... but i'm looking for something like DVArchive
    > that will allow the Replay to "see" my mac @ the other end of my home.
    > Being that most people have their Replay's attached to a Surround System
    > or their main stereo, it would make sense to have the replay control the
    > mac or at least stream the music from it.
    >
    > I have two replays... one 5540 and one 5580.
    >
    > The 5580 is attached to my 55" with my DTS receiver... which is
    > downstairs in my Media room.
    > The 5540 is attached to my 36" with my older kenwood receiver (used for
    > PS2 mostly). this is located on the second floor
    > My iMac is located in the office which is at the other end of the house
    > on the second floor....
    >
    > So you see where I'm going here.
    >

    > On 2005-08-23 11:49:11 -0400, John in Detroit <Blanked@sbcglobal.net> said:
    >
    > You can do it now if you like, however it's a bit tricky and you need to
    > have the two units physically close or you need some special hardware
    > (one or the other) The replay needs a video input, this can be any video
    > input so long as it's the proper (NTSC) format or close to it There are
    > many devices which can allow your computer to do this or better yet put
    > a cheap (30 to fifty bucks) camera on your front door and use it's video
    > output to feed the video 1 input on the replay.
    >

    >> Feed the computer's audio (line out) to the audio line one inputs
    >>
    >> Job done (And as a bonus if you are listening live you can check to
    >> see who is at the door when the bell rings and if they are holding a
    >> copy of "Watchtower" or "Awake" not be home, and if you are recording
    >> as a bonus you can capture video of the kids egging your car as they
    >> drive by doing a drive by egging, or knocking over your mail box or
    >> ... Well you get the idea)
    >>
    >> scoob wrote:
    >> When will someone or Replay themselves ever allow streaming music from
    >> you desktop to the unit.
    >>

    >>> I mean, you can do this with that shitty tivo thing!!!

    --
    John F Davis, in Delightful Detroit. WA8YXM(at)arrl(dot)net
    "Nothing adds excitement like something that is none of your business"
    Diabetic? http://community.compuserve.com/diabetes

    I think I paid a bit more for mine, but it was a while ago and prices
    come down.

    I'm looking for another video camera for use on an RV (I wish to use the
    video 2 input on the backup monitor for something else) and what I've
    found is custom made units that plug in direct are over $300.00

    Generics, 30

    --
    John F Davis, in Delightful Detroit. WA8YXM(at)arrl(dot)net
    "Nothing adds excitement like something that is none of your business"
    Diabetic? http://community.compuserve.com/diabetes

Ptv Replaytv Music Video ReplayTV