TiVo Schedules Daily Calls 15 Days Apart, Then Nags Me

I have two SAT-T60 DirecTiVos, both running 3.1.0c2-01-011. For the
past six months or so, each has been occasionally scheduling "daily"
calls for as much as 15 or 16 days ahead -- which is fine, except that
at the 14-day mark I start getting nagging messages that the units
haven't called in, and that I should force the calls.

Usually I do force the calls, but this time I let things go to see what
would happen. One unit had made its most recent call (successfully) on
18 July and had scheduled the next one for 2 August (today) at 12:55
p.m. On 1 August I got the first nag to call in. Today, sure enough,
the unit called in by itself, precisely as scheduled. The next call is
set for 10 August, eight days from now.

Why is TiVo scheduling calls 15 days apart and then nagging me for not
calling in after 14 days? From what I've read here, 15 days seems like
a lot -- about twice what it should be. But isn't this their fault?

My phone line is a landline, it is always active, and it is always
connected to the units.

Thanks for your attention.
1 answer Last reply
More about tivo schedules daily calls days nags

    "Dr. Personality" <affable@no.com.invalid> wrote in message
    >I have two SAT-T60 DirecTiVos, both running 3.1.0c2-01-011. For the
    > past six months or so, each has been occasionally scheduling "daily"
    > calls for as much as 15 or 16 days ahead -- which is fine, except that
    > at the 14-day mark I start getting nagging messages that the units
    > haven't called in, and that I should force the calls.
    >
    > Usually I do force the calls, but this time I let things go to see what
    > would happen. One unit had made its most recent call (successfully) on
    > 18 July and had scheduled the next one for 2 August (today) at 12:55
    > p.m. On 1 August I got the first nag to call in. Today, sure enough,
    > the unit called in by itself, precisely as scheduled. The next call is
    > set for 10 August, eight days from now.
    >
    > Why is TiVo scheduling calls 15 days apart and then nagging me for not
    > calling in after 14 days? From what I've read here, 15 days seems like
    > a lot -- about twice what it should be. But isn't this their fault?
    >
    > My phone line is a landline, it is always active, and it is always
    > connected to the units.
    >
    > Thanks for your attention.

    I agree it's strange. I guess they are getting inundated with calls so
    they've programmed them to be spaced out more. My HDTiVo calls every other
    day though. Guess the only solution (besides forcing) it go via internet
    router.

Ptv Tivo Tivo Video