Tivo to Go for my DirecTivo!!

I want to get Tivo to go for my DirecTivo Series 2 reciever, will they
ver release?
6 answers Last reply
More about tivo directivo

    In article <1124826134.189215.185600@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>,
    "Murph" <murphym21@hotmail.com> wrote:

    > I want to get Tivo to go for my DirecTivo Series 2 reciever, will they
    > ver release?

    No but one can hack it in there if they want.

    http://www.weethet.nl/english/tivo_dtv2_os4hackrid.php

    Jack Zwick <jackzwick@yahoo.com> wrote:

    > http://www.weethet.nl/english/tivo_dtv2_os4hackrid.php

    Is there a 6.2 version of that page? I'm guessing that if I did this
    then it would roll back my 6.2 software to 4.0 and if I allowed it to do
    a software update then I'd lose the hacks :-(

    --
    Stephen Harris
    usenet@spuddy.org

    On 2005-08-23, Murph <murphym21@hotmail.com> wrote:
    > I want to get Tivo to go for my DirecTivo Series 2 reciever, will they
    > ver release?

    Do you actually want 'TiVo to go' or do you want to be able to download
    shows off of your TiVo? 'TiVo to go' is _very_ slow compared to just
    hacking your box to enable the use of the network which would allow you to
    download shows.

    I do not believe DirecTV will ever give you the capability of having a
    supported 'TiVo to go' feature.

    --
    This is my .sig

    * Stephen Harris Wrote in alt.video.ptv.tivo:

    > Jack Zwick <jackzwick@yahoo.com> wrote:
    >
    >> http://www.weethet.nl/english/tivo_dtv2_os4hackrid.php
    >
    > Is there a 6.2 version of that page? I'm guessing that if I did
    > this then it would roll back my 6.2 software to 4.0 and if I
    > allowed it to do a software update then I'd lose the hacks :-(

    That hack turns off updates but yes you would be downgraded to 4. Since
    DTV never had 4 you might find it has enough of what you want EXCEPT
    the speed up menus
    --
    David

    In article <aa2ged.9dn.ln@spuddy.org>,
    usenet@spuddy.org (Stephen Harris) wrote:

    > Jack Zwick <jackzwick@yahoo.com> wrote:
    >
    > > http://www.weethet.nl/english/tivo_dtv2_os4hackrid.php
    >
    > Is there a 6.2 version of that page? I'm guessing that if I did this
    > then it would roll back my 6.2 software to 4.0 and if I allowed it to do
    > a software update then I'd lose the hacks :-(

    The hacks preclude your Tivo from upgrading.

    Jack Zwick <jackzwick@yahoo.com> wrote:
    > In article <aa2ged.9dn.ln@spuddy.org>,
    > usenet@spuddy.org (Stephen Harris) wrote:

    > > Jack Zwick <jackzwick@yahoo.com> wrote:
    > >
    > > > http://www.weethet.nl/english/tivo_dtv2_os4hackrid.php
    > >
    > > Is there a 6.2 version of that page? I'm guessing that if I did this
    > > then it would roll back my 6.2 software to 4.0 and if I allowed it to do
    > > a software update then I'd lose the hacks :-(

    > The hacks preclude your Tivo from upgrading.

    Yes, I know. That's why I said "allowed" :-)

    What I meant was that if I _wanted_ to have 6.2 (ie remove the
    softwareupgrade=false parameter) then it would remove all the hacks as
    well and I'd end up with a generic 6.2 system again.

    --
    Stephen Harris
    usenet@spuddy.org
    The truth is the truth, and opinion just opinion. But what is what?
    My employer pays to ignore my opinions; you get to do it for free.

Ptv Tivo Tivo Video