Taping marathon shows

I can't seem to find a way to tape continuous (marathon) shows. That
is, if a channel will air all Lawrence Welk :( shows in order beginning
this Friday 6AM and run continuously for 30 hours, how do I get Tivo to
tape all 30 hours?
Wish list doesn't do it.
I supose I could go in and individually tag each show but I'm hoping for
something easier.
9 answers Last reply
More about taping marathon shows

    On 08/18/2005 8:24 AM, J Lunis pondered briefly and then wrote:

    > I can't seem to find a way to tape continuous (marathon) shows. That
    > is, if a channel will air all Lawrence Welk :( shows in order beginning
    > this Friday 6AM and run continuously for 30 hours, how do I get Tivo to
    > tape all 30 hours?
    > Wish list doesn't do it.
    > I supose I could go in and individually tag each show but I'm hoping for
    > something easier.

    Well, if you really want to *tape* the marathon, you're going to have to
    get your old VCR out. Now, if you just want to record it, well... A
    manual recording as previously suggested is the way to go.

    --
    Steve
    http://www.soundclick.com/rockermann

    I set up manual recordings in clips of 4 hours each, making transfer
    to DVD easier for me.

    "J Lunis" <jay.lunis@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > I can't seem to find a way to tape continuous (marathon) shows. That
    > is, if a channel will air all Lawrence Welk :( shows in order beginning
    > this Friday 6AM and run continuously for 30 hours, how do I get Tivo to
    > tape all 30 hours?
    > Wish list doesn't do it.
    > I supose I could go in and individually tag each show but I'm hoping for
    > something easier.

    Manual recording by time and channel?

    --
    Toni
    http://www.irish-wolfhounds.com

    On Thu, 18 Aug 2005 09:24:03 -0400, J Lunis wrote:

    > I can't seem to find a way to tape continuous (marathon) shows. That
    > is, if a channel will air all Lawrence Welk :( shows in order beginning
    > this Friday 6AM and run continuously for 30 hours, how do I get Tivo to
    > tape all 30 hours?
    > Wish list doesn't do it.
    > I supose I could go in and individually tag each show but I'm hoping for
    > something easier.

    Season Pass...keep all episodes.

    Brad H

    "J Lunis" <jay.lunis@gmail.com> wrote in message
    >I can't seem to find a way to tape continuous (marathon) shows. That is,
    >if a channel will air all Lawrence Welk :( shows in order beginning this
    >Friday 6AM and run continuously for 30 hours, how do I get Tivo to tape all
    >30 hours?
    > Wish list doesn't do it.
    > I supose I could go in and individually tag each show but I'm hoping for
    > something easier.

    Why doesn't a wishlist do it? Is the criteria correct? Do you change the
    default setting of Keep at most from 5 to All? Is it high enough in
    priority to not be bumped by other shows?

    Seth wrote:
    > "J Lunis" <jay.lunis@gmail.com> wrote in message
    >
    >>I can't seem to find a way to tape continuous (marathon) shows. That is,
    >>if a channel will air all Lawrence Welk :( shows in order beginning this
    >>Friday 6AM and run continuously for 30 hours, how do I get Tivo to tape all
    >>30 hours?
    >>Wish list doesn't do it.
    >>I supose I could go in and individually tag each show but I'm hoping for
    >>something easier.
    >

    > Why doesn't a wishlist do it? Is the criteria correct? Do you change the
    > default setting of Keep at most from 5 to All? Is it high enough in
    > priority to not be bumped by other shows?

    from 5 to All? Hmm, I'll have to look for that.

    In article <SZ%Me.70897$Tt6.17466@fe04.lga>,
    J Lunis <jay.lunis@gmail.com> wrote:

    > I can't seem to find a way to tape continuous (marathon) shows. That
    > is, if a channel will air all Lawrence Welk :( shows in order beginning
    > this Friday 6AM and run continuously for 30 hours, how do I get Tivo to
    > tape all 30 hours?
    > Wish list doesn't do it.
    > I supose I could go in and individually tag each show but I'm hoping for
    > something easier.

    Manual recording, assuming you have enough space for it.

    30 hours of Lawrence Welk would make my head explode!

    "J Lunis" <jay.lunis@gmail.com> wrote in message
    >I can't seem to find a way to tape continuous (marathon) shows. That is,
    >if a channel will air all Lawrence Welk :( shows in order beginning this
    >Friday 6AM and run continuously for 30 hours, how do I get Tivo to tape all
    >30 hours?
    > Wish list doesn't do it.
    > I supose I could go in and individually tag each show but I'm hoping for
    > something easier.

    On Sun, 21 Aug 2005 08:08:55 -0500, "Mohawk Brewing"
    <mohawkbrewing@NOSPAMyahoo.com> wrote:

    >30 hours of Lawrence Welk would make my head explode!

    And this would be bad because?

    Bubba

Ptv Tivo Tivo Video