Should Obama be Impeached

Status
Not open for further replies.
only if they arrest and charge the tea party and the gop with racism.
he may well be a corporate shill but he aint half as bad as bush junior.
America didnt impeach bush for lying about iraq's wmd's or dragging the u.s and some of Europe into a war with islam, so cant very well impeach obama for giving healthcare to the poor.

gropouce

Distinguished
May 1, 2011
I recently been interested in your health system.
It looks complicated and I'm not sure to have understood, but according to the analysis made ​​here, Obama wanted the system which was feasible if the state governors had played the game rather than put a spoke in the wheels.

What else do you reproach to your President ?

Marv, this latest impeachment fubar surprises me that they have to put on a media circus all the time, and they are all like monkeys ******* a football!

IMO if Obama was going to be impeached, it should have been from being 2 months late showing up for the Gulf Oil Disaster, that sir, is when I lost all respect for the man!

ctbaars

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2007

No. You can call him adequate or inadequate. There is no high-crime.
Healthcare is not a crime even if done not to your satisfaction.
Not going to work and staying in a class reading to kids ... oh wait, wrong president ... was that Katrina? Did we finish nation building in New Orleans yet? (mixed up on purpose) No crime.
Congress (all parties) begged for us to go to war. They begged Bush to come up with some kind of excuse. No crime with respect to "law".

musical marv

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2011
Better than the moron Bush viewing Hurricane Katrina from an helicopter and need giving a dam about the people in New Orleans that time.

^ +1 to that! :pfff:

CDdude55

Distinguished
Most presidents should be impeached, but it's only mostly the staunch right wingers looking to impeach Obama. They want to impeach Obama because he is Obama. We have people suing the president and yet even they don't know what they're suing for, it's just that he's an evil progressive (which is nonsensical because he's more to the right of the spectrum).

As mentioned, where was the outpouring when Bush was in office?, we started two wars and invaded the wrong nation. And that's just one example of the may missteps of his presidency.

ctbaars

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2007

OMG You speak like an Evil Radical Progressive Left-Winger
I didn't know there was an Obama impeachment movement until a couple of weeks ago.
The impeach Bush movement was considerable. I'm not sure he can travel abroad as he may get arrested for 'war crimes' and get brought to the Hague. You are correct. -> WE <- started two wars. (If not more than two) But not unilaterally. There was massive support, even if it wasn't boots on the ground.

You and I may not like it. But it's not about one man from either party.

Oh puh-leez...:sarcastic:

CDdude55

Distinguished

The impeachment "movement" is fairly recent, i'm largely referring to the movement that spawned before he barely touched the white house steps. The claims against Bush were and are largely warranted, and there are legitimate issues with those currently in office as well. But voices coming out to dissent are not pointing that out. It's mostly adhominem.

Also i reject the left-right paradigm as a barometer for ones political convictions( belief goes deeper then some false dichotomy). But i actually would be somewhere on the far-left if i where to adhere to that paradigm.

AznGOD

Honorable
Dec 31, 2013

Yes Yes end time prophesies
:pt1cable:

I like them; They are good stories to hear next to the fireplace.

CDdude55

Distinguished

This isn't the thread for that conversation, but i'd love to talk about how environmental and social factors effects ones way of thinking. Tabula Rasa.

ctbaars

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2007

Correct. Sorry for the conversation hijacking.

I agree that there are environmental and social factors that continually modify us.
"No one is born with greed, prejudice, bigotry, patriotism and hatred; these are all learned behavior patterns."
I strongly disagree with that particular statement.

Status
Not open for further replies.