multiswitch to multiswitch?

I am adding a second DirecTV Philips DSR708 Receiver to my current
Hughes HDVR2.

I currently have a 2 to 4 mutli switch but only have one cable running
to the den which has a Hughers receiver. I plan to replace the Hughes
receiver with the Philips DSR708.

I have ordered a 5x8 multi switch as a spare.

Can I connect the one cable going to the Hughes receiver to the new
multi switch input, then use two of the outputs to feed the Philips
DSR708 or am I going to have to run another cable all the way from the
current multiswitch?
2 answers Last reply
More about multiswitch multiswitch

    xgp@rr.com wrote:
    >Can I connect the one cable going to the Hughes receiver to the new
    >multi switch input, then use two of the outputs to feed the Philips
    >DSR708 or am I going to have to run another cable all the way from the
    >current multiswitch?

    A multiswitch needs at least two inputs to work. If you want to use
    both tuners of the new receiver, you'll need to run another cable from
    the existing multiswitch. (Or you can invest in a stacker/destacker
    setup, but that's generally more expensive than just running the
    cable)

    --
    <script language="JavaScript">// Scott Seligman
    for(var i=0;i<73;i++)document.write(String.fromCharCode(("lsYrsiwb7pir~~|=~fr"+

    On 16 Aug 2005 23:30:23 -0700, "Scott Seligman" <seligman@example.com>
    wrote:

    >xgp@rr.com wrote:
    >>Can I connect the one cable going to the Hughes receiver to the new
    >>multi switch input, then use two of the outputs to feed the Philips
    >>DSR708 or am I going to have to run another cable all the way from the
    >>current multiswitch?
    >
    >A multiswitch needs at least two inputs to work. If you want to use
    >both tuners of the new receiver, you'll need to run another cable from
    >the existing multiswitch. (Or you can invest in a stacker/destacker
    >setup, but that's generally more expensive than just running the
    >cable)

    thanks, that was what I figured but hoped for an easier solution.

Ptv Tivo Philips Switch Cable