HELP!! Graphics Card not detected/no monitor (fans working, lights working)

Michael Alforque

Reputable
Jul 27, 2014
processor i5 4570 3.2ghz
ram 8gb
mobo msi b85m
graphics card ASUS geforce 650 ti..
HEC 6K28BBX585 Black 0.8mm SECC Steel MicroATX Mini Tower Computer Case 585W Power Supply
power supply X-Power 585w power supply(but when i looked at the psu inside the tower it says: 3.3V+5V MAX Combined = 195W
Total Output = 300W
SSD(main) 250gb
HHD (Sub) 500gb
MAX GPU HEAT 65-70 when playing a hard on graphics mmo(AION)
GPU DRIVERS (LATEST)
CPU DRIVERS (LATEST)
MOBO DRIVERS (LATEST)
COMPUTER UPDATE (LATEST)

Everything was fine for a year, specially when i changed my main harddrive and replaced it with an ssd + upgraded to windows 8.

then One unfortunate night. i was playing an mmo game. pvping an enemy.. then all of the sudden my computer screen froze, speakers are making a long nonstop error noise, keyboard and mouse not working(no ctrl+delete or alt tab or desktop screen shortcut). i shutted down my computer manually..

I opened my computer. Then all of the sudden.. it wont show any screen anymore.. tried pc cable, dif hdmi slots to no avail...

What I tried:
1) i cleaned the slot/fans plugged my graphics card in and out.. still not working

2)I did bios reset by removing the battery on mobo(theres no jumper nor switch)

3) i tried a 450PSU (MAX output) (old psu)

4) Removed the HHD/mouse/keyboard/speakers except for ram/cpu/graphics card

5) tried going bios and made autodetect PEG

6) Drivers uninstall/Reinstall/update (now latest)

7) unlimited computer restart

8) Different monitors (both geforce 210 and onboard graphics worked on both monitors but not my 650ti)

What Works:
1) My on board graphics card
2) An old graphics card from an old computer (zotac geforce 210)
3) Graphics CARD LIGhts and FAns are working

What I think i know with my trial and error:
1) It couldnt be the pci-e 3.0 slot (zotac ge force 210 is working)

2) Power supply? i hope its the problem as it says 300W max output on the psu sticker even though it says on newegg its 585W psu(false advertising? cuz it wouldnt be the first) i did a calculator and i should need 370W at least with my set up..

BUT... but... everything was fine for a year and couple months... so should it(PSU) have been a prob?

3) Graphics Card DEAD? zotac geforce 210 and on-board graphics card work(Please i hope its not my 650 T_T.. sending it makes it is too much hassle when i can just buy a better casing and power supply on thesource/futureshop)

please tell me its the power supply.. lol but seriously .. i need help.. i just need a clear answer so i can fix what can be fixed and send back for repair/replacement what cant..

Michael Alforque

Reputable
Jul 27, 2014
so when it says here:
1)hec Orion XPOWER585 585W ATX12V 2.01 Power Supply
2)HEC 6K28BBX585 Black 0.8mm SECC Steel MicroATX Mini Tower Computer Case 585W Power Supply

Actually when i bought number 2 on newegg.. it was advertised/titled as 650W power supply

the power supply is a lie and its not 585W/650W? and the MAXOUTPUT 300W on the PSU sticker is the correct one?

But it worked for a year and 2-3 months.. how did it worked for so long though and why only now?

yes i forgot i tried 2 monitors.. and on-board graphics card and zotac 210 worked.. but not my 650ti..
cable plugged securely.. and i even screwed the graphics card before opening the comp

Cant try on another pc.. it doesnt fit.. the mobo and tower..

Graphics card lights(green) and fan are working

BTW ty for answering very quick

Michael Alforque

Reputable
Jul 27, 2014
i got it to fit on the old pc.. yeap.. it didnt worked.. yet again the other card did.. so im guessing my 650 is really dead. oh well.. im sending it back for replacement .. problem is ... it would take forever.. the waiting game begins.. for now yea ill buy a new PSU.. prolly an 800W or straight to the cooler master 1000w.. and oh crap.. im planning to buy 780ti.. but it needs more than 1k watts.. whaaat... oh well.. problem for another day..

anyways bro.. ty for answering.. and i would indeed buy a new psu thanks for the suggestion

Michael Alforque

Reputable
Jul 27, 2014
i just bought a 850w rosewill axi series power supply and cooler master trooper stryker tower case. its super cold in there with 4 fans + psu fan.. + geforce 650's 2 fan...

but again it didnt work.. i guess its rip asus ge force 650.. im sending it back tom courier for replacement.. since i still have 2 year warranty.. anyways thx for the answer and if anyone can close this topic now. thx..

rekcah3d

Honorable
Jul 28, 2012
be careful because it might be the system bios screwing things up especially if you had another card in the machine. clear bios and get rid of foreign card drivers. then put the card back in and see if your bios will recognize the card. if you get a green light on the card then it should be recognized. had a similar problem. I build some at my shop.

TRENDING THREADS