DirecTV Philips DSR708 Receiver

I just bought the above unit on Ebay. I already has a Hughes Series 2
HDVR2 and a Hughes receiver.

The DSR708 does not have an access card. Can I take my Hughes receiver
card and use it in the DSR708 receiver?

Since I am already paying for DirecTV DVR monthly I assume I will not
have any addition fees if I replace the receiver with this replacement
dvr?

Do I have to notify DirectTV and or get an different access card from
them?
1 answer Last reply
More about directv philips dsr708 receiver

    xgp@rr.com wrote:
    > The DSR708 does not have an access card. Can I take my Hughes receiver
    > card and use it in the DSR708 receiver?

    No; cards are "tied" to the receiver.

    > Since I am already paying for DirecTV DVR monthly I assume I will not
    > have any addition fees if I replace the receiver with this replacement
    > dvr?

    Probably correct.

    > Do I have to notify DirectTV and or get an different access card from
    > them?

    Yes; (1) so they can send you an access card - there may be a small charge -
    and (2) so they can activate _your_ service on that machine and (3) so they
    can deactivate the receiver you are no longer using.

    --
    Stephen Harris
    usenet@spuddy.org

Ptv Tivo Philips DVR