Tracking down a channel

I was doing some playing with my DSR 922 and ran across a channel that
doesn't appear in Lyngsat. I reported it to them, but because of how I
found the channel they replied back that they are unable to post it,
that they need more substantive info. Specifically they're looking for
what 4DTV channel (they call it virtual channel) it's on.

I'm hoping someone here can help me get the info.

To find this channel (it's FTA, BTW) move your dish to G1. Then add
generic satellite CE in the exact same location as G1. On satellite CE
go to channel 575 and set the polarity for vertical. You should get an
NBC - Universal banner.

There's all kinds of funkiness on this banner. It says it's on tr 24 -
4200V and VC 300. But the tr 24 freq is 4180 - the satellite doesn't
even go to 4200. So I'm not sure what that's all about.

Anyway, any help you can give would be greatly appreciated. I know the
SR for sat CE 29270 and that channel 575 is on tr 24. But beyond that....

Take care,
Rich

God bless the USA
--
I just had one of those "what the hell am I doing?" moments.

-Adam Savage, Mythbuster
2 answers Last reply
More about tracking channel
  1. Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.4dtv (More info?)

    Good morning, Rich.
    One of the joys of 4DTV and satellite in general is playing around and
    finding unexpected things. My question is, what would we gain by posting
    this channel on Lyngsat? The channel clearly is not intended for our use.
    By posting it to so highly visited a site as Lyngsat is would only serve to
    make it encrypt sooner than it normally would, in my opinion.

    There is of course another school of thought that says posting channels to
    such public sites does no harm, and that anyone that suggests otherwise is
    just overly paranoid. But if there is even a 1 in 10 chance that posting
    to Lyngsat would jeopardize this channel, is it worth it?

    As for the 4200V, I am not sure. There was a commercial DigiCipher receiver
    model 4200V, but I do not think it is equipped to handle this type of
    channel.

    Lee Richardson
    Mech-Tech
    mechtech@evansville.net

    "Rich Piehl" <rpiehl5REMOVETHIS@FORNOSPAMcharter.net> wrote in message
    >I was doing some playing with my DSR 922 and ran across a channel that
    >doesn't appear in Lyngsat. I reported it to them, but because of how I
    >found the channel they replied back that they are unable to post it, that
    >they need more substantive info. Specifically they're looking for what
    >4DTV channel (they call it virtual channel) it's on.
    >
    > I'm hoping someone here can help me get the info.
    >
    > To find this channel (it's FTA, BTW) move your dish to G1. Then add
    > generic satellite CE in the exact same location as G1. On satellite CE go
    > to channel 575 and set the polarity for vertical. You should get an NBC -
    > Universal banner.
    >
    > There's all kinds of funkiness on this banner. It says it's on tr 24 -
    > 4200V and VC 300. But the tr 24 freq is 4180 - the satellite doesn't even
    > go to 4200. So I'm not sure what that's all about.
    >
    > Anyway, any help you can give would be greatly appreciated. I know the SR
    > for sat CE 29270 and that channel 575 is on tr 24. But beyond that....
    >
    > Take care,
    > Rich
    >
    > God bless the USA
    > --
    > I just had one of those "what the hell am I doing?" moments.
    >
    > -Adam Savage, Mythbuster
  2. Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.4dtv (More info?)

    Hi
    set the polarity for vertical once your on 575?

    Hi do you

4DTV Satellite