Firewire to Ethernet w/o computer?

Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.networking,alt.video.ptv.replaytv (More info?)

What I want to do is go ReplayTV's Ethernet out to an external DVD burner
with Firewire. Would it work, or not without running thru a computer?
For email response, or CC, please mailto:see.my.sig.4.addr(at)bigfoot.com.
Yeah, it's really a real address :)
2 answers Last reply
More about firewire ethernet computer
  1. Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.networking,alt.video.ptv.replaytv (More info?)

    On Fri, 08 Jul 2005 08:05:49 -0700,
    see.my.sig.4.addr@nowhere.com.invalid wrote:

    >What I want to do is go ReplayTV's Ethernet out to an external DVD burner
    >with Firewire. Would it work, or not without running thru a computer?

    That's unlikely. You might find a networkable firewire adapter
    somewhere (there probably is one around somewhere, I know there is for
    RS232), but you'd still need something to control the transfer. The
    Replay has no support for sending shows to anything. The DVD burner
    would have to have something like DVArchive built-in, and it probably
    doesn't. Anyway, is there a problem with using a computer? It would
    allow you to run a video editor to get your recordings just the way
    you want them.

    --
    Mark Lloyd
    has a Replay 5xxx

    still fall for that scam."

    On Fri, 08 Jul 2005 13:06:28 -0500, Mark Lloyd <mlloyd@5xxxmail.com5xxx>
    spewed:
    >>What I want to do is go ReplayTV's Ethernet out to an external DVD burner
    >>with Firewire. Would it work, or not without running thru a computer?
    >
    >That's unlikely. You might find a networkable firewire adapter
    >somewhere (there probably is one around somewhere, I know there is for
    >RS232), but you'd still need something to control the transfer. The
    >Replay has no support for sending shows to anything. The DVD burner
    >would have to have something like DVArchive built-in, and it probably
    >doesn't. Anyway, is there a problem with using a computer? It would
    >allow you to run a video editor to get your recordings just the way
    >you want them.

    Thanks for the info. Was afraid of that.
    I was just looking for a Q&D jumpstart way into the deal.
    I'll eventually have to run ethernet or do WiFi, get the proggies, burner,
    and a better computer that will do it. I'm in the stone ages now on
    comps. :(

    For email response, or CC, please mailto:see.my.sig.4.addr(at)bigfoot.com.
    Yeah, it's really a real address :)

Ptv Replaytv ReplayTV Firewire Ethernet Card Computers