directv tivo upgrade question

I'm a happy user of a SAT-T60 (DirecTV + TIVO) and am inquiring about
options to purchase a series 2 unit. The objective is to add a series 2 unit
to link this to my home network (viewing photos on TV, playing music files,
etc.). Are there DirectV supported Series 2 units out there? If so, what is
the most cost effective way to purchase one.

Any thoughts or comments on this are welcome.

TIA,
--RJ
6 answers Last reply
More about directv tivo upgrade question

    RJ wrote:
    > I'm a happy user of a SAT-T60 (DirecTV + TIVO) and am inquiring about
    > options to purchase a series 2 unit. The objective is to add a series 2 unit
    > to link this to my home network (viewing photos on TV, playing music files,
    > etc.). Are there DirectV supported Series 2 units out there? If so, what is
    > the most cost effective way to purchase one.
    >
    > Any thoughts or comments on this are welcome.
    >
    > TIA,
    > --RJ

    Well that's easy to answer, no there are no Directv supported (I assume
    you mean integrated) Series 2 units out there. The Directv units don't
    have the features you want because Directv doesn't *want* them to have
    those features. Just be glad you got folders!

    It is possible to hack your Directivo to add those features, albeit
    unsupported.

    Randy S.

    Randy S. wrote:
    > Just be glad you got folders!

    Folders?

    In article <hUWJe.95$0d.20@trnddc06>, Richard Grossman
    <rgrossmanDELETE-THIS-PART@techIII.com> wrote:

    > Randy S. wrote:
    > > Just be glad you got folders!
    >
    > Folders?

    We don' need no steenkin' folders!

    Richard Grossman wrote:
    > Randy S. wrote:
    >
    >> Just be glad you got folders!
    >

    > Folders?

    A recent Directivo upgrade (for most but not all models I believe),
    included the addition of a folders (grouping recorded shows into
    sublevels) interface, which SA Tivo's have had for ages.

    Randy S.

    > A recent Directivo upgrade (for most but not all models I believe),
    > included the addition of a folders (grouping recorded shows into
    > sublevels) interface, which SA Tivo's have had for ages.

    It comes as part of the 6.2 system update for DirecTivo units (newer ones
    anyway). It's pretty handy. I think it has me keeping more things on the
    unit that I would otherwise. As in, two dozen recordings buried within 5
    folders is visually different than seeing them all listed out. Not a big
    deal when there's plenty of free space but I could see it being a bit of a
    surprise to new users.

    Now, where the hell is version 7 and the HME for DirecTV units, damnit!

    In article <rfGdnUNIbLs0eGXfRVn-tQ@speakeasy.net>,
    "wkearney99" <wkearney99@hotmail.com> wrote:

    > > A recent Directivo upgrade (for most but not all models I believe),
    > > included the addition of a folders (grouping recorded shows into
    > > sublevels) interface, which SA Tivo's have had for ages.
    >
    > It comes as part of the 6.2 system update for DirecTivo units (newer ones
    > anyway). It's pretty handy. I think it has me keeping more things on the
    > unit that I would otherwise. As in, two dozen recordings buried within 5
    > folders is visually different than seeing them all listed out. Not a big
    > deal when there's plenty of free space but I could see it being a bit of a
    > surprise to new users.
    >
    > Now, where the hell is version 7 and the HME for DirecTV units, damnit!

    Just load version 4.0x on your DirecTiVo.

    http://www.dellanave.com/projects/tivo/4xrid.html

Ptv Tivo Tivo Video