Need help with building a PC

dolphinbrother123

Reputable
Jul 27, 2014
Is this current set up okay for a first time PC builder?
Mboard: Asus, Asrock, MSI or Gigabyte H97 (which brand is better and more likely to last longer)
PSU: Corsair HX750
CPU: Intel i5-4590 // CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro H105
GPU: Asus, MSI, or EVGA GTX 770 (which performs more quieter and cooler)
HDD: Western Digital Blue 1TB
SSD: Samsung Evo 250GB
OD: LG UH12NS30
RAM: 8GB 1600mhz GSkill Ripjaws
Case: C70 Gunmetal Black
Monitor: Asus VN248H-P
Wifi Adapter: TP Link TL-WDN4800

dovah-chan

Honorable
-I'd buy asus or MSI for a motherboard as they've been solid platforms for me
-asus MSI and EVGA all make great cards but I'd still say EVGA is still the best of the trio
-don't know why you chose a locked CPU and paired it with an H105; get an i5 4690K instead (its unlocked and can overclock well due to its improved thermal interface)

Everything else seems to be just fine oh and the C70 is a rockin' case to build in and is very newbie friendly and has lots of features pros love. Great cable management and solid industrial style look. I also love corsair but I find that their PSUs are a tiny bit overpriced (not to mention seasonic is their OEM for the HX series) and you actually can run on much less wattage so you could look at a Seasonic SSR-550RM (its a 550W modular gold cert. PSU and powers even my hungry rig) That could save you maybe a few extra dollars that you could use to dip into a beefier motherboard with a Z97 chipset that officially supports overclocking.

dolphinbrother123

Reputable
Jul 27, 2014

What about ASUS H97-PLUS, MSI H97 GAMING 3, or H97 GUARD-PRO? And yeah you're right, I'm just gonna try to find a an air cooling fan instead of liquid. Maybe I'll just stick with non overclocking stuff haha :p

AznGOD

Honorable
Dec 31, 2013

any of those is fine, you shouldn't be stressing out about this. :D

dolphinbrother123

Reputable
Jul 27, 2014

I know I shouldn't off :p but I'm kinda nervous since it's my first time doing this.

It depends, gigabyte have the ultra durable range where they use mil. class components ( Maybe just advertising stuff) , or the msi M-Power, also very durable as it's designed for overclokers in mind, and the Asus have the TUF series, where all of the boards have mil. class components aswell and tehrmal armour , their ROG series is durable also, it just depends on your budget and your needs