When will WPA be supported on TiVo?

Hello,

Any word on when TiVo will support WPA wireless security? I saw on the
website that 802.11g is supported, but saw no mention of WPA security -
I only found WEP security.

My wireless home network is using 802.11g and WPA. I don't want to
revert my home network to the weaker WEP protection.

I sure would like to connect my 2 TiVo's to my home network but won't
until they support WPA security.

Has anyone heard if/when TiVo will offer WPA support?

Many thanks,
Ted.
2 answers Last reply
More about wpa supported tivo

    Ted wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > Any word on when TiVo will support WPA wireless security? I saw on the
    > website that 802.11g is supported, but saw no mention of WPA security -
    > I only found WEP security.
    >
    > My wireless home network is using 802.11g and WPA. I don't want to
    > revert my home network to the weaker WEP protection.
    >
    > I sure would like to connect my 2 TiVo's to my home network but won't
    > until they support WPA security.
    >
    > Has anyone heard if/when TiVo will offer WPA support?
    >
    > Many thanks,
    > Ted.

    You can workaround it by using a USB-to-wired-ethernet adapter, then
    attaching a wireless gaming adapter (converts wired ethernet to
    wireless) that supports WPA. The gaming adapter aren't that cheap (they
    cost more than a typical router, ~$50-$100), but you can find deals if
    you keep your eyes open. I got one off of www.woot.com for $20 when
    they were selling them.

    Randy S.

    I've also found this frustrating, especially since Tivo is so
    tight-lipped about their plans for upgrades, etc. I ended up buying an
    adapter and using a network cable to connect Tivo to my router. Not
    ideal, but better than lowering network security just for the Tivo to
    have a wireless connection.

Ptv Tivo Tivo Security Support