Kansas City Area Heads-Up : Cheap Boxed Genesis Games

Hey, kids...I haven't been to this NG in forever, but I saw something
yesterday that I thought members in the Kansas City area might be
interested in.

The Apple Market just off of Mission Road across the street from
Oklahoma Joe's BBQ ( couldn't find the actual address - sorry ) is
unloading a rack full of games from their video dept. I only gave it a
cursory glance, but it looked like mostly Genesis games. Most of them
seemed to still have their boxes, & looked to be in decent shape.

Looks like they're going for $2 each.

Anyway, just a heads-up for anyone in the area who collects 'em.
3 answers Last reply
More about kansas city area heads cheap boxed genesis games

    In article <1122902668.154865.16980@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
    diggitydawg@earthlink.net wrote:

    > The Apple Market just off of Mission Road across the street from
    > Oklahoma Joe's BBQ

    Not overly familiar with KCMO. I know the Raytown/Swope Park regions to
    an extent. From these areas, when is Mission Rd, and how does the BBQ
    compare to Bryant's and Gate's (and if you remember them from many years
    back, my now retired favorite, Oscar's)?

    jt
  2. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.classic (More info?)

    JT - this Apple Market's over on the Kansas side of KC. Just a little
    west of the Plaza.

    And personally, I think Oklahoma Joe's has the best BBQ in town. I love
    Bryant's too - I'd give them 2nd place.

    Not much of a Gates fan at all....shame, cuz there's one within walking
    distance of my place.
  3. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.classic (More info?)

    In article <1123247377.877210.213780@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
    diggitydawg@earthlink.net wrote:

    > JT - this Apple Market's over on the Kansas side of KC. Just a little
    > west of the Plaza.
    >
    > And personally, I think Oklahoma Joe's has the best BBQ in town. I love
    > Bryant's too - I'd give them 2nd place.
    >
    > Not much of a Gates fan at all....shame, cuz there's one within walking
    > distance of my place.

    And that's the thing about KC; there are SOOOOO many good BBQ joints
    that there is bound to be one to satisfy all but the STL style lovers
    (not Bandanas or Super Smokers, whose founders based their styles on KC,
    Memphis and Dixie style Q's, but the local Lion's Clubs style which is
    boil the meat until it's almost done, throw it on the grill for 10
    minutes, and then drop it in tub of sauce to boil for the last 20
    minutes; yuck).

    Oh, and on the games, thanks for the tip, but I have adequate sources on
    this side of the state. I just had to inquire about the BBQ.

    jt

Games Video Classic