Blind Search and Smart Search

I've seen the terms blind search for some receivers and the term smart
search for the Pansat receivers.
Is this the same function just named differently or is it altogether a
different way of finding channels and freq.
Ron
2 answers Last reply
More about blind search smart search
  1. Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.mpeg-dvb (More info?)

    SMART SEARCH = SMART SCAN = BLIND SEARCH
    All are the same.

    Some receivers have AUTO SEARCH. That is not the same as BLIND SEARCH

    You can visit www.satelliteguys.us and ask some more questions.
  2. Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.mpeg-dvb (More info?)

    "Ron" <ron@hotmail.com> wrote in news:ADlGe.34799$Iv5.6397@fe02.lga:

    > I've seen the terms blind search for some receivers and the term smart
    > search for the Pansat receivers.
    > Is this the same function just named differently or is it altogether a
    > different way of finding channels and freq.
    > Ron

    Blind scan usually means the receiver doesn't need any frequency or symbol
    rate inro to find channels. Smart scan can mean anything, for instance scan
    just horizontal channels, or certain frequencies.
    Most receivers today have blind scan including pansat 2500, and 2700's, as
    well as coolsat's.
    You definately want to make sure you have blind scan capablity regardless
    of any other scanning features. You'll get more channels, and you won't
    have to depend lists from others.

MPEG DVB Video