Closed

Edit .TIVO files??

I use the TiVo to Go feature, which is great, but has anyone figured
out how to edit .TIVO files? Premier Pro doesn't recogize them.

Thanks
7 answers Last reply
More about edit tivo files

    On Wed, 27 Jul 2005 22:37:31 GMT, JimBob <no@email.comm> wrote:

    >I use the TiVo to Go feature, which is great, but has anyone figured
    >out how to edit .TIVO files? Premier Pro doesn't recogize them.
    >

    >Thanks

    I use TMPGEnc. It works pretty good. I'm looking a other commercial packages
    because I want more options.
    @charter.net (hlherron)

    >>I use the TiVo to Go feature, which is great, but has anyone figured
    >>out how to edit .TIVO files? Premier Pro doesn't recogize them.
    >>

    >>Thanks
    >

    >I use TMPGEnc. It works pretty good.

    What's the trick to get TMPGEnc (plus v2.5) to recognize them as being valid
    files to edit? I keep getting a "illegal mpeg video stream" error, other mpgs
    work fine.

    I would like to edit files my tivo creates and create tv episodes without
    the commercials. I have yet to find software capable of doing so. Any ideas?

    -John C
    <jstlucas at hotmail dot com @delete.thisstuff (Joe St. Lucas)> wrote in
    message news:opYFe.158871$go.4168@fed1read05...

    JimBob wrote:
    > I use the TiVo to Go feature, which is great, but has anyone figured
    > out how to edit .TIVO files? Premier Pro doesn't recogize them.
    >

    > Thanks
    if you have nero 6 suite for cd / dvd burning. nero vision express 3
    will import them and you can recode and make a disk or create a file to
    import into your favorite video editor

    DirectShow Dump from the maker of ETiVo (Shahar Prish) will convert
    ..tivo to .mpg nice and quick, making editing DVD making much much easier...

    http://www.prish.com/etivo/tbr.htm

    Steve Ball wrote:
    > JimBob wrote:
    >
    >> I use the TiVo to Go feature, which is great, but has anyone figured
    >> out how to edit .TIVO files? Premier Pro doesn't recogize them.
    >>

    >> Thanks
    >
    > if you have nero 6 suite for cd / dvd burning. nero vision express 3
    > will import them and you can recode and make a disk or create a file to
    > import into your favorite video editor

    I tried this. The problem is it does not recognize any of the files that my
    tivo creates. AFter I burn the dvd and tried to read it from the tivo
    created disk the files are still unrecognized.

    I am beginngin to regret ever having bought this machine.

    -John C
    "Jerry Albro" <jerry@albro.org> wrote in message
    > DirectShow Dump from the maker of ETiVo (Shahar Prish) will convert
    > .tivo to .mpg nice and quick, making editing DVD making much much
    > easier...
    >
    > http://www.prish.com/etivo/tbr.htm
    >
    > Steve Ball wrote:
    >> JimBob wrote:
    >>
    >>> I use the TiVo to Go feature, which is great, but has anyone figured
    >>> out how to edit .TIVO files? Premier Pro doesn't recogize them.
    >>>

    >>> Thanks
    >>
    >> if you have nero 6 suite for cd / dvd burning. nero vision express 3
    >> will import them and you can recode and make a disk or create a file to
    >> import into your favorite video editor

    I think I may have missed an earlier message of yours. You have a tivo
    with built-in dvd-r? I've not had too much luck converting dvds to mpegs
    for editing.

    What I have done is use the tivo to go software to get .tivo files on my
    pc, convert to mpeg, edit and burn a dvd on the pc dvd burner.

    If you are using the tivo with dvd burner, I don't think I can
    personally help...

    John C wrote:
    > I tried this. The problem is it does not recognize any of the files that my
    > tivo creates. AFter I burn the dvd and tried to read it from the tivo
    > created disk the files are still unrecognized.
    >
    > I am beginngin to regret ever having bought this machine.
    >
    > -John C
    > "Jerry Albro" <jerry@albro.org> wrote in message
    >
    >>DirectShow Dump from the maker of ETiVo (Shahar Prish) will convert
    >>.tivo to .mpg nice and quick, making editing DVD making much much
    >>easier...
    >>
    >>http://www.prish.com/etivo/tbr.htm
    >>
    >>Steve Ball wrote:

    >>>if you have nero 6 suite for cd / dvd burning. nero vision express 3
    >>>will import them and you can recode and make a disk or create a file to
    >>>import into your favorite video editor

Ptv Tivo Tivo Video