Wireless Adapters- Live and learn

I've been in the computer business for many years, so I thought I was
smart,and I can usually make most anything work. Well, not very---
I wanted to add my new TIVO to my network here at home, so I
researched, I thought, about adapters. Saw the page on TIVO.com that
listed the approved ones.
Then I saw an ad at CompUSA for one - went there and found it to be a
LinkSys DWL-G122. It would be pretty cheap assuming that the rebates
arrived.
There were posts on the TIVO forums that this adapter worked, so I
ordered and eventually got the 7.1 software. It didn't see the
adapter, not at all.
Then someone posted that the B1 hardware version didn't work. I looked
at mine and on the barcode strip and sure enough it is a B1. I've
already sent in the rebate forms and the barcode. Apparently even the
A version has its problems.
Message is - believe the manufacturer, and get ALL the facts - in this
case especially since you can't load drivers - they have to do it.
I have more shopping to do!!
2 answers Last reply
More about wireless adapters live learn

    EBay is a good place to fix mistakes..

    "Mohawk Brewing" <mohawkbrewing@NOSPAMyahoo.com> wrote in

    > EBay is a good place to fix mistakes..

    Already tried, they won't let you list first marriages.

Ptv Tivo Tivo Wireless