Splitters

I'm a little confused, I know that I need two splitters to add my new fta
system to my 4dtv system, but I don't know which splitters to buy.
Dc power pass on both legs or just one.
I know how to wire it up with the diseqc switch but the splitter mode
confuses me.
I would think you would have to have dc power pass on both legs in order to
power your lnb's.
Ron
1 answer Last reply
More about splitters
  1. Archived from groups: alt.video.satellite.mpeg-dvb (More info?)

    Good morning, Ron.
    You would want the type that pass power on one port only, and that port
    would get connected to your 4DTV. It is usually a good idea to get the
    splitters from the same dealer you got the receiver from, and at the same
    time. This reduces shipping costs, and if there is later a burned out power
    supply or something there is likely to be less finger pointing than if third
    party components are used. If that is not possible, then myself and most
    all other dealers should have these in stock.

    Lee Richardson
    Mech-Tech
    Evansville, Indiana
    mechtech@evansville.net

    "Ron" <ron@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:yBiHe.7762$c63.482@fe05.lga...
    > I'm a little confused, I know that I need two splitters to add my new fta
    > system to my 4dtv system, but I don't know which splitters to buy.
    > Dc power pass on both legs or just one.
    > I know how to wire it up with the diseqc switch but the splitter mode
    > confuses me.
    > I would think you would have to have dc power pass on both legs in order
    > to power your lnb's.
    > Ron

MPEG DVB Video Power