Why do I see option to select as best solution when I didn't create post

t99

Honorable
Jul 16, 2014
I have not noticed this before just very recently that when I go onto a forum about an issue it gives me the option to select whichever one as the best solution. Why would it allow the person who did not create the post to select this? What someone else thinks as the best solution might not be what the actual originator of the post believes is the best solution. Why would this have not been present before, but it is now?

Solution
The rules are very simple:

1. If the thread originator has chosen an answer you leave it alone, period.
2. If you come across an obviously abandoned thread (2 or more months) with no chosen answer you may choose one.
3. If you come across a thread with an answer that is obviously wrong, or a better one exists, you may change it, unless the answer was chosen by the thread originator, in which case you leave it as is.
4. You do not choose an answer in an active thread unless you are the thread originator.

The moderator team is quite good at spotting and dealing with abuse of the BA system, so be very careful with the power.
The rules are very simple:

1. If the thread originator has chosen an answer you leave it alone, period.
2. If you come across an obviously abandoned thread (2 or more months) with no chosen answer you may choose one.
3. If you come across a thread with an answer that is obviously wrong, or a better one exists, you may change it, unless the answer was chosen by the thread originator, in which case you leave it as is.
4. You do not choose an answer in an active thread unless you are the thread originator.

The moderator team is quite good at spotting and dealing with abuse of the BA system, so be very careful with the power.

Solution