Super Zaxxon..Why wasn't it ported??

Got a question..As long as we talking about breakout and Super
Breakout.. I take Super Breakout..hehe

Does anybody know why wasn't Super Zaxxon ported to any Atari consoles??
Thanks,
Mike
9 answers Last reply
More about super zaxxon ported

    Michael Smeal wrote:
    > Got a question..As long as we talking about breakout and Super
    > Breakout.. I take Super Breakout..hehe
    >
    > Does anybody know why wasn't Super Zaxxon ported to any Atari consoles??
    > Thanks,
    > Mike

    I have Super Zaxxon for the C64 (it's a cart). When I first saw it I
    thought it was an atari computer cart... I was very saddened. I'm
    surprised it was never made for atari 8-bit (if in fact it wasn't, which
    I'm not so sure about).
  2. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.classic (More info?)

    "Michael Smeal" <Msmeal@paonline.com> wrote in message
    > Got a question..As long as we talking about breakout and Super
    > Breakout.. I take Super Breakout..hehe
    >
    > Does anybody know why wasn't Super Zaxxon ported to any Atari consoles??
    > Thanks,
    > Mike

    Because Coleco likely had those rights locked up with their Zaxxon contract.

    Dane.
  3. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.classic (More info?)

    There was a Super Zaxxon released for the Coleco Adam. Not sure how it
    compares to the arcade game....
  4. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.classic (More info?)

    MrBiggles <mrbiggles909@yahoo.com> wrote in news:C_WDe.78461$Qo.72282
    @fed1read01:

    > Michael Smeal wrote:
    >> Got a question..As long as we talking about breakout and Super
    >> Breakout.. I take Super Breakout..hehe
    >>
    >> Does anybody know why wasn't Super Zaxxon ported to any Atari
    consoles??
    >> Thanks,
    >> Mike
    >
    > I have Super Zaxxon for the C64 (it's a cart). When I first saw it I
    > thought it was an atari computer cart... I was very saddened. I'm
    > surprised it was never made for atari 8-bit (if in fact it wasn't,
    which
    > I'm not so sure about).

    An Atari version was programmed and pirated.

    Not too good. The playfield looks better, but
    it moves slow and your ship looks tiny.
  5. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.classic (More info?)

    "Crock" <delse@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > There was a Super Zaxxon released for the Coleco Adam. Not sure how it
    > compares to the arcade game....

    It wasn't the arcade game. It was a souped up version of Zaxxon originally
    designed for the unreleased supergame module.
  6. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.classic (More info?)

    Not sure what you're saying. It's common knowledge that the Super Game
    Module morphed in to the Adam. Take away the Adam's printer and
    keyboard and you have the Super Game Module. The only thing different
    is the Adam casing does not match the early pictures Coleco put out of
    the SGM in their advertisements....

    As for Coleco's Super Zaxxon, of course it was a souped up version of
    Zaxxon (hence the name "Super"). Wasn't the essentially what the
    Arcade version of Super Zaxxon was as well???
  7. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.classic (More info?)

    I believe you if you say they are very different. But I just want to
    point out that Coleco's Super Zaxxon featured new graphics, enemies,
    and levels as well. I'm sure you're already aware of that though....
  8. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.classic (More info?)

    "Crock" <delse@comcast.net> wrote in news:1122059192.607632.243520
    @g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

    > As for Coleco's Super Zaxxon, of course it was a souped up version of
    > Zaxxon (hence the name "Super"). Wasn't the essentially what the
    > Arcade version of Super Zaxxon was as well???

    The Coleco "Super" games were closer to the original arcade games.

    The Sega coin-op "Super Zaxxon" was a sequel with new graphics, enemies
    and levels.
  9. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.classic (More info?)

    "Crock" <delse@comcast.net> wrote in news:1122091552.016136.219050
    @g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

    > I believe you if you say they are very different. But I just want to
    > point out that Coleco's Super Zaxxon featured new graphics, enemies,
    > and levels as well. I'm sure you're already aware of that though....

    Super Zaxxon, the coin-op, included tunnels and the "boss" was
    a dragon instead of a robot.

Games Video Classic